Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

ingame camera angle, pivot (center) and distance

hello all,

is there a way to get the coordinates of said three numbers so i can use them for my camera script. It would be a very long and boring way to not know what my camera settings are betwenn the toolset and the actual ingame cam!

Thanks many

Comments

• NWN_TömlNWN_Töml Member Posts: 90
    Well..if nothing can be done ingame then i have to test it out... huh...what a fun :neutral:

• squattingmonksquattingmonk Member Posts: 59
    There's no functions that will get the current camera data. One option would be to place a waypoint marking the location the camera should shoot from and calculate the angle and distance from there.

Another option would be to use a debug function that cycles through settings until you see what looks good. Here's a script I cobbled together that would do just that for the camera direction. I attached it to the OnUsed event of a lever in my test area. You could do a similar script for the distance and pitch.

void main() { int i; float fDirection, fDelay; string sDirection; object oPC = GetLastUsedBy(); AssignCommand(oPC, StoreCameraFacing()); for (i = 0; i < 360; i++) { fDirection = IntToFloat(i); fDelay = fDirection / 4; sDirection = FloatToString(fDirection); DelayCommand(fDelay, AssignCommand(oPC, SetCameraFacing(fDirection))); DelayCommand(fDelay, SendMessageToPC(oPC, "Camera direction: " + sDirection)); } fDelay += 5.0; DelayCommand(fDelay, AssignCommand(oPC, RestoreCameraFacing())); DelayCommand(fDelay, SendMessageToPC(oPC, "Restoring original camera...")); }

NWN_Töml
  • NWN_TömlNWN_Töml Member Posts: 90
    OH thank you very much. I will try that :)