Skip to content

Factions exporting

raz651raz651 Member Posts: 175
Is there a way to export factions when you export a room or do you have to recreate them when you import into another module?

I have clicked the box about root factions and exported. It sets friendlies to hostile.

I have also unchecked the box. It has the same results.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    First, you need to copy the faction file repute.fac from one module to the other. Caution : this will overwrite the faction definitions in the target module. When a module is open in the toolset, you can see its files in the modules\temp0 folder.

So, open source module, copy repute.fac, open target module, paste repute.fac, change anything in the toolset to enable save, save.

You should then find that export without faction reset will import correctly. Or you can just copy over the game files by the above method.

Simply put, exporting a creature in faction 8 (say) will only import correctly if faction 8 is already defined in the target module.
    squattingmonkDerpCity
  • raz651raz651 Member Posts: 175
    That is alot of work. Thanks for the info though.

To @TrentOster

I request that there be an easier way to export and import Factions in the toolset, Such as a Factions.erf file that can be saved or imported from the factions window in the toolset.

Thank you. :)