Skip to content

Desperately Seeking Help in Finding a File

A lot of people think that there are only three 3D modelling programs (3Ds Max, gMax and Blender) that are directly usable for NwN. This isn’t strictly true. There is a fourth option. There used to be a pair of plugins for Milkshape3D that let you import and export NwNs .mdl format models as well. I know this because I used to have a copy of them. Unfortunately I cannot find the relevant archive any more. I have searched high and low on the web and these plugins seem to have vanished off the face of the web. The name of the archive is something like msmdl.zip. With all the returning players I can only hope that one of them has it and would be kind enough to let me have a copy.

So why is it so important to me? As I couldn't really get on with the three programs mentioned earlier, even though I’ve got books on each (including the only one I know of for gmax) I got and registered Milkshape3D. This wasn’t total madness on my part. I wanted a simpler program than the others so that I could get a hang of the basics. Also at the time, I thought I had a copy of the plug ins. So I’ve got the program and I’ve got the only available book. All I need now are these plug-ins to finally give me the motivation to get off my butt and actually learn how to make 3D models.

Can anybody help please?

TR

Comments

• MrDamageMrDamage Member Posts: 210
    edited February 2018
    http://www.milkshape3d.com

Surely it couldn’t be this?
    Perhaps shoot them an email unless This isn’t it.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Nope, it's definitely not there. That's their download page and that section just shows (mainly) the official program downloads. What I am after are a pair of plug-ins that were made by a third party and I know that it is not there for a couple of reasons. I downloaded every single one of those and you still get the occasional request (all unanswered) for the NwN plug-ins on the official MS forums.

Thanks anyway.

TR