Skip to content

We need BoW on NWN:EE

to the uninitiated this is by far the best pvp experience I've ever had online.

Wikia: http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Bastions_of_War

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bastionsofwar/

seems bit un-active but I hope that with NWN:EE coming out we can make it populated again.

I've sent message about this to the server DMs hopefully we could test it on the head-start of NWN:EE
RifleLeroy

Comments

• LiarethLiareth Member Posts: 74
    Bastions of War and Antiworld are classics. I'd love to see them both come back. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.
    ReibornNicoendunahan
  • highv_priesthighv_priest Member Posts: 50
    Hmm until they remove the massive advantages from items(which can only be obtained getting your ass handed to you by overpowered vets) or wipe the character vault every 6 months it's always going to drive away new players though.

It's basically LoL before it existed, but with the terrible decision of persistent auto-win gear, which can only be obtained by going into matches and most likely losing regardless of skill.

Food for thought.
    Reiborn
  • ReibornReiborn Member Posts: 156
    @highv_priest true, but it was kinda original I can't remember any game at the time doing that kind of pvp. balancing aside it was kinda fun and always think about teamwork - it was team effort not solo experience.
    Yea it was DoTA and LoL before the idea existed... Should of patented that.

The game is fine they just need to remove the items that completely cause a death to happen or make them cheap to buy for new people.

Tl;Dr no chaos shield like items >_>

Yea it was DoTA and LoL before the idea existed... Should of patented that.

The game is fine they just need to remove the items that completely cause a death to happen or make them cheap to buy for new people.

Tl;Dr no chaos shield like items >_>

wasn't DOTA an online map on Warcraft 3 way back and the game was about same time as NWN was released more or less?

Warcraft 3 released in 2002 at the same time as NWN. DoTA released at 2005, whereas BoW released at 2004.

Probably a coincidence though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reiborn
  • RifkinRifkin Member Posts: 141
    Why not a new PVP server for a new era of NWN?
    Rifkin said:

Why not a new PVP server for a new era of NWN?

BoW was really neat, I imagined that making something bew will be more work then just migrating BoW to NWN:EE
  • FeardainFeardain Member Posts: 12
    Am I the only one who remembers Battle of the Dragons? I had way more fun in that, than in BoW.
    Proont
  • ProontProont Member Posts: 141
    Feardain said:

Am I the only one who remembers Battle of the Dragons? I had way more fun in that, than in BoW.

Battle of the Dragons was the only PvP server I liked.
  • Maximillian71Maximillian71 Member Posts: 1
    BoW best PvP ever nothing comes close, I would take stickies off work just to play the whole day.
    Good times, Great community
  • LibertyisbackLibertyisback Member Posts: 49
    edited March 2018
    I preferred NWKnights to BoW.

BoW and Antiwrold are pretty good. I just played BoW a few months ago. It seriously needs to take away ALL items. What ends up is that longer time players have a massive unbeatable advantage because of the items they have bought using gold earned in past matches. It makes them near impossible to kill. NWKnights doesnt have this disadvantage.

Other pvp servers that need to return: Alestorm. Good vs Evil. Maybe Lotr PW pvp mod too. And Godspires pvp. These dedicated pvp arenas are need to playtest nwn ee pvp.

btw: NWKnights >> BoW >> Antiworld >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dota/LoL/Smite/WoW/Guildwars/Aion whatever etc.
  • dimecoindimecoin Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2018
    [deleted]
  • dimecoindimecoin Member Posts: 15
    BoW is now live on EE. Come join the fun ! :)
    Drakon