Skip to content

How to find the area code where I left a character

I usually ctrl-K a character in a specific location, in order to make a turnover in my party and do all the personal quests without bothering to find everybody again. I.E. in BG2 I usually use the arena inside the Copper Coronet, unless it is a character that already goes there waiting. But what to do when you don't know where the character is? I.E., if you reform the party and say "wait for me here", but you forget the place.

Comments

• Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    edited March 2018
    With NearInfinity, it's possible to find out. Scroll down to the tab that says "Save". Look for the most recent one. There should be a box with the line "Non-player Characters". The names for the characters are somewhat confusing because apparently it's not displaying the first letter. So for Minsc, you want "insc", and for Cernd you look for "ernd".
    Open the file with the character you are looking for, and then click the Edit button at the top. Search for the line saying "Current Area".

If you have that, you can either use the console to teleport yourself there, or you look up the area code on the internet and travel by legal means.
    _Connacht_
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    also as a future note, while in game if you press the "x" key on the keyboard it will tell you what area you are in, so if you drop someone off in an odd area, worse case scenario you can always teleport back