Skip to content

Stupid Question #8675309

Im about half way done in the first module, is there a way to change my toons portrait in game? or do I need to use some kind of editing tool?

Comments

• immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    Hmm I didnt think that would work for the Enhanced version, will have to check

Well it kind of worked. thanks :)
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    ‘Kind of worked’ is how we roll
    It's better than "no way to do it" :D Im sure eventually something like the BGKeeper utility will be made. to edit without adding a bunch of file sin override
  • LibertyisbackLibertyisback Member Posts: 49
    Use the character editor called Leto (google) -- it lets u customise portraits and voicesets and a number of other things too.
    I've tried Leto before, for some reason the changes do not stick. I am able to change things, but when I save the file and replace the original with it, I come back to my original settings. I must be missing something
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653

I've tried Leto before, for some reason the changes do not stick. I am able to change things, but when I save the file and replace the original with it, I come back to my original settings. I must be missing something

Leto has a very counterintuitive and user-unfriendly method for editing save games. You have to read the readme and follow the steps very exactly to get it done. There are several long menus to go through and select exactly the right options. You wind up editing your save game file, NOT your character files directly.

I've learned how to use it, but I was very highly motivated to edit my character at the time.

TLDR: Read the directions. There's no way anybody is going to figure Leto out without them.
    WIll have to check it out because editing is easy, getting the changes to stick, not so much. I created a new save file then moved it into place, and nada but Ill do more reading.