Skip to content

[SOLVED] Corwin NPC Mod - Game-breaking Bug ('NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS')

TemarielTemariel Member Posts: 42
edited March 2018 in Troubleshooting
Hi,

I've encountered a bug that is preventing me from progressing the game. It appears to have to do with the Corwin NPC mod I have installed. A copy of my WeiDU is also attached. I am running a heavily modded EET game installed using BWS.

I encounter the bug shortly after the start of SOD. After Imoen is attacked by assassins, Corwin runs in to save the day. After the enemies are killed, Corwin then starts a conversation over and over, with the only response available being 'NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS'. Screenshot below. Selecting this option closes the dialogue and she immediately starts it again. It just loops over and over.

I spoke with Corwin once upon entering Baldurs Gate back in BGEE, but chose not to take her into the party. I haven't seen or spoken to her since then. This is my second encounter with this npc.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. As I mentioned, I cant seem to progress the game until this is fixed.

Note: I have tried ctrl + y. It appears Corwin cannot be killed to solve this. I also tried charming her. All I manage to get is save vs. spell.
Post edited by Temariel on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TemarielTemariel Member Posts: 42
    @subtledoctor GOG and yes I used modmerge
    edited March 2018
    @subtledoctor ok. thanks. I will see if I can get in touch with Roxanne then. Otherwise, is there any way of just ripping the Corwin mod out of my install? Or could I move my char to the next area to bypass it using the console? This is my first time playing SOD so I'm not sure what's supposed to happen next.
    SOLVED: required using the console to input the following:

C:SetGlobal("EECorwinBG1","Global",0)

Thanks to Roxanne
  • BleriotBleriot Member Posts: 31
    Temariel said:

Hi,

I've encountered a bug that is preventing me from progressing the game. It appears to have to do with the Corwin NPC mod I have installed. A copy of my WeiDU is also attached. I am running a heavily modded EET game installed using BWS.

I encounter the bug shortly after the start of SOD. After Imoen is attacked by assassins, Corwin runs in to save the day. After the enemies are killed, Corwin then starts a conversation over and over, with the only response available being 'NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS'. Screenshot below. Selecting this option closes the dialogue and she immediately starts it again. It just loops over and over.

Note: I have tried ctrl + y. It appears Corwin cannot be killed to solve this. I also tried charming her. All I manage to get is save vs. spell.

You cannot kill that strawman Corwin in the introduction chapter because she is plot character of SoD. That is game design, not mod made. The Corwin you get for joining is another one.