Skip to content

SD13>Mage Full Saga Run SCS: Need help on planning the char

Miss_KetaMiss_Keta Member Posts: 3
Spoiler alert: If you do hate min/maxing skip this post :smiley:

Title says it all! I would like to not make mistakes on the character, even on minor things since I do hate to use EEkeeper if I realize I make a minor mistake, honestly :pensive:

Base stats: 95 (autoroller)
Neutral Good (use azuredge, pretty minor)
Bhaalspawn Abilities: Cure light wounds (Rep11+), Horror (Rep 10-), DUHM (Rep11+)

Final Stats after bg I

Str 19
Dex 19
Con 16
Int 19
Wis 16
Cha 15

This should allows me to achieve 18Wis for Wish at the end of the saga, pretty minor honestly.

Lvl 13 thief abilities (naked): 180 move, 60 Hide, 100 Detect Illusion

Lazy stats allocation to hit 200 Move naked + Merciless ring, there is the risk to overcap Move over 255 when full buffed but should not be game changing, 100 detect illusions is bonkers bananas with SD (use shadow walk, click detect trap and BOOM, insta cast DI).

Pips: you gain 3 pips with mage before you close your dual class, so the main dillema is if I should skip dagger or staves while levelling as a Thief. This option is kinda killing me atm, since throwing daggers are the best weapon in BG1 while staves are the best backstabbing weapon at any stage.

At the moment I'm considering to give up on daggers while exping as shadowdancer, I will play with a grp in BGI/SoD to achieve exp cap, and then play solo for as much as possible in BG2 to exp as fast as I can and I guess at that point Staves will be better, even if should be only for 500k>660k exp

Must have Pips at SD13>Mage14

Staves
Daggers
Slings
Darts
2HF (1point)

This leaves me 3 free points to allocate while levelling up as thief. I was thinking to go 1 in axes for azuredge, 1 xbow or shortbow (if I do give up on daggers over staves, see 3 pips while levelling as mage point) and 1 free point to allocate or 2 if I end up picking daggers over staves has SD, I'm strongly considering clubs for multiple reasons but suggestions are more then welcomed ;)

Sorry for my bad english but I'm Italian :) and thx for the help in advice! <3

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Just FYI you cannot use Azure edge w/o Use Any Item and you won't get HLA's as a thief with that planned build.

Shortbow with Acid Arrows in bg1 will let you take out most enemies, but you'll want something that can deal with some undead that are immune, mostly skeletal warriors. Also worth planning for the Werewolf Island assuming you intend to go, you're extremely limited in what will work for Loup Garou killing. From memory there's the Silver Dagger, Sword of Balduran (bastard sword no use to a thief) and The Burning Earth from the bottom of Durlag's Tower. The Burning Earth is a Longsword and by far the best option, so i'd say work around perhaps using Longsword, Shortbow and Club (club of Detonation for backstabbing after you are a Mage and can cast Protection from Fire >:) ). That way you can save staff and dagger for Mage proficiences.