Skip to content

Editing .cre and re-assigning SOUND in EEKeeper and NearInfinity

Hi,

me again!

It appears it might be easier to simply build Quayle, or any other NPC, from the ground up if I want to change their classes entirely, what with different saving throws, THAC0, thieving skills (and racial bonuses) etc. The only thing I can't figure out is how to reassign sound sets in EEKeeper. I have putzed around with NearInfinity for the first time ever. Is there a way to assign an NPC's entire sound set to another .cre in one go in NearInfinity?

(Context, if anyone wants it: I want to make an alternative Quayle who is a thief with the Alchemist kit from Might & Guile. I love Quayle's personality but not his class combination, and I want an Alchemist in my group, but I don't want Imoen and I want to play an Acolyte of Beshaha for my Charname. Quayle's personality fits with someone who spends too much time hovering over glue and chemicals; and the kit's pseudo-magical abilities, including the ability to learn to create some illusionary spell effects for a character with Intelligence 15+, fit well with Quayle, who is a smart git. It's a match made in heaven. I'll make a basic thief-Quayle, drop the dude in the Override folder, and then assign the Alchemist kit in-game with NPC_ee.)

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    It is quite easy to do using Weidu, I think. @subtledoctor could probably build a tpa for this while baking a cake.

The only reason that I don't build it for you is that I'm not fully aware of how the Alchemist works as well as the kit's internal name. If you can provide me those info I'll gladly build it :)
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    You just need to select every line that says Sound: Something, right click, copy value on the creature from which you want to extract the soundset, and then go to the creature you want to modify, right click on the first Sound line, and use replace value.
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    Cheers, all, i've got a Quayle the Alchemist up and running.