Skip to content

Make some previously inaccessible locations accessible

Chris_theVikingChris_theViking Member Posts: 49
edited January 2018 in Builders - Toolset
This is the first location I considered for this. I'm sure there are some other, but this one has annoyed me for a decade and a half. I'd love to put a waypoint here and park my dm up here to observe player traffic in the main hub, sometimes park an afk player up here as a little treat, maybe even give them access if they are a wizard...

Comments

• the_riblothe_riblo Member Posts: 26
    edited February 2018
    The problem with some non accesible parts of the tilesets is that these zones are part of the so called fade geometry and the top of certain features will dissapear when you are near enough in order to not obstruct your visual
    So It would require first to fix the fade geometry of that tower in order to make it not fading and allowing the top to be walkable
  • TheAmethystDragonTheAmethystDragon Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2018
    If you're not worried about random spawns appearing up there and getting stuck, that could be accomplished with an altered tile walkmesh. If you use haks, it would be easy enough to do. If you don't use haks...well, then it's up to Beamdog. :)

I actually took your idea and made the change for myself, but have not tested it yet.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    That tower one was fixed (at least partially) years ago by a member of the community but had the weirdest shadows I've ever seen in game. Other potential problems are to do with NwN's walkmeshes shall not cross feature.

TR