Skip to content

Zoom stopped working in Latest Dev Branch

tinbluetinblue Member Posts: 18
Anybody else's zoom stopped working? Can't zoom in or out using either the key bindings or mouse wheel? This is the latest build on the development branch released today.

Comments

• AnaraxisAnaraxis Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    I am having same issue. Posted a bug report here: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/36033

It is on the just released patch rather than the dev branch. I am not subbed to the dev branch on Steam.
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    Hello,

this is a known issue and a fix is in the works for 8165.

The issue is related to switching into Drive camera mode. As long as you don't do that, your camera won't get stuck at a fixed 6m distance.

Sorry about that.
  • T0R0T0R0 Member Posts: 86
    If you find yourself stuck with no zoom in any mode,, switch to chase, quit game, restart.. You'll at least have zoom back in chase. If you change modes you will lose zoom again in all modes. (at least that is the behavior for me)
  • VivienneLVivienneL Member Posts: 52
    edited March 2018
    I updated to -8164 and was really happy to see that the toolset is finally working in wine. At the same time I was really disappointed that the top down camera mode seems to not be working. It says top down but looks almost identical to the chase camera mode. I can't even scroll farther away or close up anymore. I'm finding this so annoying that I quit playing.

I'll try what you're suggesting Toro and see if it's playable. I've always played the game in top down mode.

Update: You're right Toro, the zoom is back in chase mode, but I want the top down mode back and the camera unlocked again as it was in Enhanced Edition until the last update. Sigh...
    Post edited by VivienneL on
  • AlibertoAliberto Member Posts: 80
    edited March 2018
    some of my users have had the same problem, but I do not find the problem with the beamdog client, is it possible?
  • VivienneLVivienneL Member Posts: 52
    edited March 2018
    I tried the game from the Beamdog Client (which opens the Linux version of the game by the way; I usually play using the Win version in Wine) and the problem still exists. The zoom in and out doesn't work except in chase mode and the top down version looks almost identical to the chase mode and the zoom stops working.

Update: I was reading the forums and in chase mode I tried the pgpu/pgdn to adjust the height which didn't work for me and then I tried using a mouse (I usually use the trackpad to play on my laptop) and I could adjust the height by pressing the middle mouse wheel (I didn't know about this before, even though I've been playing NWN for years). I then switched to top down mode and the zoom in/out was still working. If I save and then load the game again it goes back to the wrong height etc. and I have to take all the above steps again. And as Niv says above I completely avoid going into the driving camera mode. That means I go into the settings to change the camera mode instead of using the shortcut key.

Hope this will help somebody else until it gets fixed again.
    Post edited by VivienneL on
  • FantineFantine Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2018
    Anyone have an idea when this will fixed? Was just starting to enjoy the game when the zoom stopped working. The camera is so close to my character it's pretty much impossible to move forward, especially if there are objects close by. Am going to quit playing until this gets fixed. Just not worth it.
  • AlibertoAliberto Member Posts: 80
    It is solved by logging in with a different character. When changing the character the client resets the position of the camera, at this point, by clicking the middle mouse button, move it down (towards you) to change the position of the camera, it must be the first thing you do!
    After doing this the zoom should resume working, we have solved that way with the players who had this problem.