Skip to content

Choked at Sarevok

My party is not powerful enough. Mostly level 7s. Trying to play thru whole game. Never gotten this far before. Suggestion?

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Potions. All the potions.
  • ValianceValiance Member Posts: 11
    I'll try the potions. Is there a point I can go back to and Garner more XP? Suggested areas to generate/ grind at?
    Have you done Durlag's Tower and the Isle of Balduran?

People will be able to give more specific advice if you describe your party.
    Thank you. I did Durlag's Tower. I dunno about iske of Bakduran. Is that the undercity?
    Fighter 7
    Minsk 6
    Imoen 7
    Kivan 5
    Dynaheir 7
    Dwarven cleric 6/6
    Thank you for your helps, joluv.
    You can start the Isle of Balduran quest by talking to Mendas in the house by the docks in Ulgoth's Beard.
    Perfect
    Next Q: black pits, never played it. Is it an xpac for BGEE storyline? Am I to import my PCs to it? Or is it a stand alone campaign?
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited March 2018
    BP is a stand alone adventure with different folks which you create yourself

however you can import whoever you want.

as for Sarevok fight, use Arrows of Dispel on him and his 3 goons. makes a serious difference at little cost.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Potions of fire protection, lots of them.

Kivan and arrows of detonation (after the dispells suggested by @SirBatince).

One thing you will find useful if you can still get it, Wand of Monster Summoning. Secret of Sarevok IMO is never to go anywhere near him, that sword is very, very big. Let him waste his time killing the summons.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Your levels are more than suffucient, at this point, I don't know how much grinding will actually help you. Potions are incredibly helpful, as has been said, your party composition is pretty good. I think you just need to get your tactics down. Watch what the enemies do and where they appear, make note of traps, etc. Because of the relatively low level cap, BG1's final fight is significantly harder than BG2's. Don't give up.
    I made it thru, potions ftw
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Hope it didn’t take you that long!