Skip to content

Importing SOD characters (or games) into BG2:EE on Mac

tlwallstlwalls Member Posts: 28
Not showing up among the characters or games available for import. Anyone willing to give me a walk through on how to do this?

Comments

• NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    If it hasn’t changed, you’re going to need to go into... I think the Application Support files, normally hidden in the library. If you know how to use Terminal, it’ll be command “open ~/Library/Application\ Support”, and then hit enter. It should have two files called Baldur’s gate enhanced editions 1 and 2; they’ll contain the saves. You’ll need to manually move the final autosave from BG1 into the save file of BG2. From there, it should allow an import.

Note, I haven’t used a mac for BG in two years, so this might be horribly, horribly wrong.
  • tlwallstlwalls Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2018
    I know how to get into the library and access the Application Support, but the only Beamdog folder is Beamdog Client which doesn't include anything that looks promising.

Okay, now I've gone to library>containers>com.beamdog>Data>Documents>Baldur'sGate, and moved the Final Save to Baldur's Gate 2, but it seems to be the save from the original Baldur's Gate and not SOD.

A further development: I found the SOD folder (it was in a Chrome Apps folder) and moved its Final Save folder to Baldur's Gate 2, and it now appears as a saved game, but when it loads, it crashes the game.
    Post edited by tlwalls on
    Ooh, right, they changed it from App Support to Containers. Umm... a quick google search implies it should be in a folder called "sodsave" rather than "save" under Baldur's Gate. Is there such a file structure?
    Yeah, I found it and "moved its Final Save folder to Baldur's Gate 2, and it now appears as a saved game, but when it loads, it crashes the game." and that's where I am now. Thanks for the help, by the way.
    Ah, from there, you don't load it: press "New Game," and "Import Character." It should give you an option to import from a save: do so with the SoD save. It should then give you a menu of characters to import, which is only relevant in multiplayer but I might as well mention it anyways.
    edited March 2018
    I tried Shadows of Amn with no success, but it worked with Throne of Bhaal. Thanks for your help! You wouldn't have any suggestions for doing the same with Shadows of Amn, would you?

Whoa... never mind! For some reason SOD was installed in a Chrome Apps folder. When I moved it to the same folder as Baldur's Gate it became available as an import. Again, thanks for the help!
    Post edited by tlwalls on