Skip to content

Steam Workshop and tlk files

SnottlingSnottling Member Posts: 85
edited March 2018 in Technical Support
How is it that some Steam Workshop subscribers are reporting that the tlk is missing in our Mulmaster content, and other PW's tlk as well? I know for certain that we uploaded it correctly because it has worked for some. Is there something wrong with the workshop?

Comments

• ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Hi there!

We were running into some strangeness earlier with some file-types not being 'included' when running the game through the steam launcher.

As a temporary work around, you can have your users pull the tlk file directly from their steam install directory, under: \steamapps\workshop\content

The folders are numbered based on the workshop project the person has downloaded. All files downloaded via the workshop should be located somewhere in there.

The first thing they should do, is make sure that the missing .tlk files are located somewhere in those folders. If not, then there might've been an issue with the steam download.

If they *are* there, then see if they're running the game through the Steam Launcher, or directly through the executable. That might make a difference.

Thanks!
  • SnottlingSnottling Member Posts: 85
    Thanks for your reply. It seems that some subscribers -do- get the .tlk, while others don't. The workshop works in mysterious ways.
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 37
    I am having issues with .tlk files errors trying to join servers and saw one other on Steam having the same problem. In our case, it's not just the .tlk files missing, but post-launch Workshop mods aren't downloading for us. One possibility someone brought up is having cloud saves turned off messes with WS mods not being able to download. In my case I had it turned off and am trying to find out if the other user did as well. I had no issues during headstart, but post-launch I was unable to download anything- so it depended on what I had already subscribed to before launch. Am trying a reinstall to see if that fixes it.