Skip to content

[Weidu noob] Can this be done in Weidu and maybe code?

VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
edited April 2018 in General Modding
Hi everyone! Been playing BGEE game (and all before, BG1, BG2, BGtutu) and I've messed with Near Infinity (took forever) so next time, I'd like to Weidu it!!! So, here's what I want to do!

Situation: Price of everything in my game is about 150% (rough time) and as I added items so that money is hard to come by... So I though of adding treasures (low gen) to all empty chests/crates/etc... To make it less grindy...

In BGEE, there are random item generators (RNDTRE01/etc) and I'd added then (took forever in NI) to each and every empty container... Next time, I want to Weidu it (lot faster). So, what I wanna do:

Weidu checks each and every ARE file... In those file, he checks if they have containers... If the containers are empty, it puts RNDTRE01 or RNDTRE02 in them (maybe a 50/50 chance?), then saves...

Can it be done? (By the way, I can "tweak" Weidu coding but I can't really code it... I mean, I'm like a weidu noob as stated in the title!)

Thanks for reading! If any questions (things you don't understand in my "unclear" message) just reply!

Thanks!!!

Vortaka

@Arunsun thanks! P.S. If you read this before posting, could you add some info the code? (I mean // things... So that I can understand a little more... I'm a tech but not that great of a modder I fear!)
Post edited by Vortaka on

Comments

• VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    edited April 2018
    THANK YOU!!! It's great! The only little thing I'd add is a BUT_ONLY at the end... For the files that aren't changed, aren't copied at all! (I did a backup first, wise me).

I'll probably release it as a mod (or if you wanna do it, go ahead) when I have the time to do it! It works great!

P.S. You'll have special thanks in it, of course! It will be called (my folder is already ready) RNDNEC (Random Nomore Empty Containers). I think I'll work on all EE games (cannot test) so I might put it in General Modding...

P.P.S. I know, it should be "No More", but it doesn't look good enough!!!

(UUrrgg... I've just looked at my override folder and it seems it originally took me about 3 hours time to mod it manually... I think 30 seconds or even 1 minute is ok, mind you! Think, I even made a AutoHotKey script so that instead of taking me 1 minutes or so a file, I could do 3 files a minute... Weidu is great, is it not?)