Skip to content

Romance questions

Hey guys ! I am currently playing BG2 EE and I am still in chapter 2 in the city doing quests and I wanted to ask few things about the whole romance process. I have currently Aerie and Jaheira in my group and they have some really nice dialogs telling me their stories. Now these dialogs seems to be part of the whole romance process which I didn't know at first and I was wondering is there any problem if I keep being nice to them cause I want to hear their stories or do I have to romance/aka being nice/ just one person /which I want to be Vic btw/. Also what will happen if I say something rude just to stop the romance with Aerie for example - Is she still gonna talk to me and tell me her story or is she never going to talk to me again ? Cause it is kinda weird to me - I want to hear more and more but I don't want to romance any of them but there are like only 2 options - either being nice = romance or being really rude = no romance but rude and I don't wan't to be rude :<

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Being nice basically = romance. If your charname is a compatible gender and alignment, romances start by default. You have three options for resolving multiple romances.
    1. At some point, one of the romances will call you out and will make you choose one of them.
    2. Be a huge jerk to one of them to break their romance.
    3. (My personal pick) Kick one of them out of the party, (note that they will go to a default location and wait around to be recruited). Kicking them out will break the romance, at which point you can re-recruit them and the romance will never re-establish.
    kaiten
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    ThacoBell said:

Being nice basically = romance. If your charname is a compatible gender and alignment, romances start by default. You have three options for resolving multiple romances.
    1. At some point, one of the romances will call you out and will make you choose one of them.
    2. Be a huge jerk to one of them to break their romance.
    3. (My personal pick) Kick one of them out of the party, (note that they will go to a default location and wait around to be recruited). Kicking them out will break the romance, at which point you can re-recruit them and the romance will never re-establish.

How long do you have to kick them out for?

Sure I was trying to break the Anomen romance once and it re established because I picked him up again within a day.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @UnderstandMouseMagic As long as they walk off screen and return to their default spawn, it should be instantaneous. I'll admit that Anomen is one of 2 romances that I haven't pursued, but it would be incredibly bizarre if he worked differently randomly.
  • SultericSulteric Member Posts: 5
    Or you can install the mod that has all romances work simultaneously.
    Borek