Skip to content

Need some clarification on the wording(s) about epic level class bonus feats.

Ok, so, straight from the NWN Hordes of the Underdark Manual "Damien is a 9th level rogue/10th level assassin. He has 19 character levels. Because the assassin class is a prestige class, he cannot move past 10 class levels until he has a character level of 20. After gaining one more rogue level, he will be a 20th character level character and can then put his next level in assassin, becoming both an epic assassin and an epic rogue."

And then as an example of what a Class says "Bonus Feats: The epic barbarian gains a bonus feat every four
levels after 20th"

Now, is this bonus feat every four levels every four levels after CHARACTER LEVEL 20, or after BARBARIAN LEVEL 20? It's been a long ass time since I've either played NWN or an epic DND game, and the last time I did that, we didn't have the epic level handbook sadly.

Comments

• FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Like in D&D it's class level and character level separately.
  • BalkothBalkoth Member Posts: 157
    Barbarian level 24, 28, 32, 36, and 40.

A Barbarian 20/Assassin 20 would get zero Barbarian bonus feats, no matter which way you did the leveling.
  • deathgeonousdeathgeonous Member Posts: 64
    That's how I thought it went, but the first quote had confused me a bit. Like I said, it's been awhile since I've either played NWN OR D&D 3.0/3.5 in the epics, and the last time I did, we did NOT have access to the epic level handbook.
    Another quick question about the Epic's and Feats. For a class that already has bonus feats, Like Fighter and Champion of Torm, do the Epic Bonus Feats List replace or add to the pre-epic bonus feats list?
    Add, only add, except for level 1 only feats require you to be level 1, you keep all other options through leveling and epic. Character feats at 21, 24, 27 etc. epic fighter feats at 22, 24, 26 etc.
    I meant the Bonus Feat List Pre and Post Epic, Like, Pre Epic Fighters get a Bonus Feat Every two levels of a certain list. Post Epic, they also get a Bonus Feat off a certain list. I was wondering if the Post Epic List replaced the Pre Epic list, or, if every 2 levels, 22, 24, 26 ect, you got two bonus feats, one off the Pre Epic List, and one off the Post Epic List.
    Yes it only adds. It doesn't use lists it uses prerequisites, some have a level prerequisite like level 20 character, others don't. You still meet the prerequisites of the old feats, and in addition you now meet the prerequisites for the epic feats.
    Wow, so a Level 22 Fighter gets 2 Bonus Feats at Level 22. Cool.
    No level 2 fighter gets 1 bonus feat, level 22 fighter gets 1 bonus feat, level 24 fighter gets 2 bonus feats, level 26 fighter gets 1 bonus feat, level 27 fighter gets 1 bonus feat, level 28 fighter gets 1 bonus feat, level 30 fighter gets 2 bonus feats, etc etc.

The feats you can select are all feats you are able to select, this includes all feats you could select before level 20, all feats you can select for being an epic character, and all feats you can select for being an epic fighter.
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    That is not correct at all. Bonus feats can only be chosen from a limited list for each epic class that is being leveled into, as well as the pre-epic bonus feats for Fighter and CoT. To answer the question, however, yes, the epic bonus feats include all the pre-epic feats. What is probably most interesting is that Epic character, with any combination of class levels, can choose from the list of bonus epic feats even if they aren't epic in that class. (So fighters and CoT can get a bonus epic feat ever 2 levels if they wait for lvl 21 before advancing those classes.)