Skip to content

What needs to be done to get NWN EE to work with Mods that have the PRC 3.5 merged into them?

UndeadWizardUndeadWizard Member Posts: 9
edited April 2018 in NWN:EE Modules
Currently, NWN EE does not appear to work with any module that uses PRC 3.5. If anyone knows, what needs to be done to get NWN EE to work with the PRC 3.5?

Thank you.
Post edited by UndeadWizard on

Comments

• UndeadWizardUndeadWizard Member Posts: 9
    The PRC 3.5 does work with the older version of NWN.
  • BehindflayerBehindflayer Member Posts: 36
    I've only tested 1 old PRC module in the EE but it worked relatively fine (it had a few instances of lag that might be due to the EE). Does your module crash during the loading? Have you tried loading more than once?
    edited April 2018
    If I try to create a new character with a PRC 3.5 Module, it seems to freeze the new character screen. I cannot even select Male or Female. If I try to select an existing character, it freezes on the screen where the existing character is selected. If I try to load a PRC Saved Game, it never finishes loading. An example is Endless Nights IV (a custom version from NW Vault - https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/endless-nights-iv-custom-version) which PRC was merged into. It works on the older version of NWN, but not on NWN EE.

Thank you.
    Post edited by UndeadWizard on
  • BehindflayerBehindflayer Member Posts: 36
    It's possible that you will just have to wait a bit longer at the start, the PRC has always impacted the stability of the character creation.

I just tried making a character and while it took a few moments to get into the creation screen, I actually was able to pick prc classes during it. The game only crashed at the very end when I finished the character but that still created the file and I could just restart and pick the character I made.

Not perfect but not an absolute incompatibility, at least.
    edited April 2018
    I was finally able to load up a saved game with the PRC 3.5 merged into it. Other than downloading two tiles from steam to fix a potential crash issue, I have no idea why it worked. Thank you for your help.