Skip to content

Metamagic Feats

I usually play a bard who is a little more fightery than magicky. But recently I've been curious about metamagic feats, especially Still Spell which might allow me to wear heavier armor as a spellcaster, or Quicken Spell which might allow me to get a spell off faster. Does anyone regularly make use of metamagic feats? Are they worth the loss of a higher spell slot? Do they work well enough in the engine? Just curious. Thanks.
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    You really want to cast in full plate, eh?
    The still spell is fine, you can’t still and quicken at the same time.
    IMHO, it is easier to make an item that reduces arcane failure, but whatever
    R0GUE
  • jwwjww Member Posts: 34
    I don't think Quicken would be useful for a bard, because it requires a slot that is four levels higher. I don't think there's anything worth quickening in bard spell levels 1 or 2. Also, I don't think Quicken changes anything if you're already hasted.

Still Spell can be fun. I've been enjoying my sorcerer with heavy armor and shield. It should work fine for a bard as well, the only bad part is that a bard can't qualify for Auto-Still (unless they can cast 9th level spells from some other class), so you'd never be able to still your 6th level spells.
    R0GUE
  • R0GUER0GUE Member Posts: 27
    Thanks for the input you guys. I will play around in a character builder to see how I like Still Spell.