Skip to content

creating new weapon types

balmzbalmz Member Posts: 11
hi there, i wanted to create new versions of the sling weapon, the ideas are war slings and great slings, these have different proficiency requirements and deal more damage then the basic sling, my question is how do i add new weapon types to nwnee? does anyone have guides or builder to builder files they recommend or suggest to help me?

Comments

• beyondstylzbeyondstylz Member Posts: 2
    I know, sure monks can use gauntlets but give us real handwraps, i also did not see any wizard orbs ( energy shields )
  • elegoselegos Member Posts: 12
    I'm pretty sure you can do this altering baseitems.2da and feat.2da files: the former to describe the new item, the latter to add the feats required by the weapon.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    This is explained in the Custom Content Guide (section 6 of the chapter on Weapons).

IIRC it's not easy to make new ranged weapon types, though.

Energy shields could be made as a new holdable base item type for the torch hand. (There are transparent magic shields in CEP, but class restrictions apply).
  • beyondstylzbeyondstylz Member Posts: 2
    I also would like to see wizard orbs, potency items, quaterstaffs that look like monk weapons and handwraps, oh also i was making a 2wf dwarven crit killer and could not find any heavy picks? ( or light )

I would think most of that would be easy except the orbs, they can increase saves, magic res, elemental dmg, etc and I would love a blocking action, I also go to tab but its not there. I miss deflection and dr when blocking.