Skip to content

[BG2:EE] Wing Buffet bug re. Spell Immunity, Spell Shield, and Amulet of Power

Minsc2017Minsc2017 Member Posts: 34
edited April 2018 in The 2.5 Update Beta
Hi folks, the 'Skeleton Warrior takes no damage from Wing Buffet' reminded me of a related 2.3 bug I fixed for myself. I'm playing with SCS so I can't quickly verify this bug also exists in vanilla.

Wing Buffet is SPIN695.spl. School=Abjurer, Secondary Type=Magic Attack

1. Spell Immunity: Abjuration (SPWI510) grants immunity due to the primary school
2. Spell Shield (SPWI519) grants immunity due to the secondary type
3. Amulet of Power (AMUL21) grants immunity

I confirmed that a character with any one (or more) of these 3 is immune to Wing Buffet.

1. is fixed by changing SPIN695 school to Generalist (and confirmed this alone does not affect Spell Shield)
2. is fixed by changing SPIN695 secondary type to None (and confirmed this alone does not affect Spell Imm:Abj)

I haven't looked into why the Amulet of Power grants immunity.

Thanks

p.s. I don't post here much and am making an educated guess this is an acceptable place for the report based on the similar Skeleton Warrior thread.

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,526
    You may want to log a ticket on Redmine for these, as that's where the devs track bugs internally :)

https://support.baldursgate.com/projects
  • Minsc2017Minsc2017 Member Posts: 34
    edited April 2018

You may want to log a ticket on Redmine for these, as that's where the devs track bugs internally :)

https://support.baldursgate.com/projects

Thanks, I didn't know about this. I've fixed a lot of (what I consider to be) bugs for myself and I may throw a some of them up there.

I've also made a lot of item, spell, and quality of life mods that aren't bugs but that others might like. Where would be the best place to post those? Or maybe just list the mods and see if anyone is interested in them.

e.g.
    • Created far less cheesy versions of Mislead & Project Image. e.g. for Mislead: clone can't move, can't be made invisible by any means, and is killed if the caster moves out of its line-of-sight or more than 30 units away for more than 12 seconds. So no more hiding the clone behind a door, around a corner, or even far away from enemies, giving them a fighting chance.

• Fixed SCS insect plague/creeping doom to be properly canceled by fireshield red & blue (SCS is scripted for enemies to use fireshield as a defense but it doesn't actually work as written. Fireshields neither cancel an existing swarm nor grant immunity from a new swarm, making the insect spells too overpowered IMO since they have no counter).

• No Saving except at inns and strongholds (with appropriate exceptions at a couple of Outdoor locations so you can still get scripted encounters as in the Jaheira quest, etc). I'm one of the people who find rest-anywhere to almost ruin the game, and I like having this coded rather than simply resisting temptation.
    Any thoughts appreciated.
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    Minsc2017 said:

I've also made a lot of item, spell, and quality of life mods that aren't bugs but that others might like. Where would be the best place to post those? Or maybe just list the mods and see if anyone is interested in them.

e.g.

• Created far less cheesy versions of Mislead & Project Image. e.g. for Mislead: clone can't move, can't be made invisible by any means, and is killed if the caster moves out of its line-of-sight or more than 30 units away for more than 12 seconds. So no more hiding the clone behind a door, around a corner, or even far away from enemies, giving them a fighting chance.

• Fixed SCS insect plague/creeping doom to be properly canceled by fireshield red & blue (SCS is scripted for enemies to use fireshield as a defense but it doesn't actually work as written. Fireshields neither cancel an existing swarm nor grant immunity from a new swarm, making the insect spells too overpowered IMO since they have no counter).

• No Saving except at inns and strongholds (with appropriate exceptions at a couple of Outdoor locations so you can still get scripted encounters as in the Jaheira quest, etc). I'm one of the people who find rest-anywhere to almost ruin the game, and I like having this coded rather than simply resisting temptation.
    Any thoughts appreciated.
    These sounds like cool tweaks! I believe you should peruse the modding section for BG2: https://forums.beamdog.com/categories/bgii:ee-mods

You may want to make a weidu pack, or try to get some of these changes into one of the well-known ones, like BgTweaks.