Skip to content

henchman view distance too far

Is it just me, or is everyone having problems in the original campaign with the henchmen running off willy-nilly to attack things that aren't on my screen, and are, in fact, around corners. I have a really hard time in some areas because Tomi seems to see things far away and chases them, and then gets himself killed. And it's usually by him going in a direction I don't want to go. Reducing the view distance on the henchman would probably fix it, but it does seem set unnaturally high to begin with.

Comments

• JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    V-E-E
    Calls 'em back before they can take three steps.
    V-W-X
    Hold here.

I know, those aren't perfect. But they will help. Don't forget the 'V' key commands. Quick way to affect the behavior of your henchman.

-JFK
  • arQonarQon Member Posts: 21
    It's not actually that they can "see far" at all - in fact, the opposite is true, and they can't see as far as you can. It's that one of the many broken bits of the AI tells them to "attack this guy" without any regard to how far away the guy is. So unfortunately it's not an easy fix of changing their perception range, it's about two dozen different places that need the (same) bug fixed.