Skip to content

[PW] World of Amon

sknymicksknymick Member Posts: 25
DM Ren's mod, released on NWVault in 2009, is currently being hosted by DMShoric on NWN EE. We've amended a few broken scripts and quests, but it's largely the Amon you likely knew and loved. Several players of old are already about. Bane's, McFob's, Rhazor's even a LanRack.

If you've never played, Amon is a very story intensive Persistent World created by DMRen, starting around 2002. There are dozens of well thought out and interconnecting quests, spanning several factions, and a story that's worthy of a best selling novel. There may well be thousands of hours of game play (I have years on this mod).

Server Name: 00 World of Amon Since 2015
Discord: https://discord.gg/nzUtYCD
Teamspeak: Same IP as Server IP
Email: WorldofAmon@gmail.com
Web: WorldofAmon.com

Story/Action server. Only real restrictions are:
No Dev Crit
No Brownies/Wemics
No abusive behavior

Requires:
All files are now hosted through NWSync (mostly CEP and CTP). These will be downloaded automatically the first time you attempt to login.

Hope to see you soon
Sknymick
Post edited by sknymick on

Comments

• NorfildurNorfildur Member Posts: 7
    I have played on this PW for more than 3 years, and I served in the great noble house of Bane.
    I am very happy to know that this wonderful world is still running (thanks Ren, you'll always be in my heart).
    I played as Norfildur Bane and was DM Oz.
    If you try this PW you'll love it.
  • Shoric1Shoric1 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2018
    yes you were immortalized as a Gnome wizard in amon. Nice to see you we all miss Ren great guy we are honored to help have his world live on. DM Shoric.
  • BehindflayerBehindflayer Member Posts: 36
    I've actually enjoyed the module that was uploaded to the vault a lot (after adding the PRC to it) as a story-driven single/multiplayer module, though I have to yet finish Keltria properly (i.e. the
    spaceship
    . I really liked the world-building.

Actually, I have a question if you don't mind:
    Did you ever finish the Prince Rhetor/Keltria quest line and add whatever you intended to do with the excavation management scripts that are in the module?
  • sknymicksknymick Member Posts: 25
    Behindflayer,
    Shoric and I didn't build the world. We inherited the same module you did. We are just Amon players who didn't want it to do, so we downloaded it from NWVault, and Shoric started hosting. We've made a few script update/fixes, but it's largely as Ren posted it on the Vault. Ren had hosted a more recent version no his own in 2014/2015, but we haven't been able to get into contact with anyone who has access to him.

Skny
  • BehindflayerBehindflayer Member Posts: 36
    I see, I thought some of you were part of the "original" player base/DMs and that there might have been some content that was done in DM events but wasn't finished as repeatable quests for everyone in the public release version yet.
  • Shoric1Shoric1 Member Posts: 2
    We are part of the original player base from early 2000s-2009 for myself. The World of Amon is pretty much like it was in that era. The 2014-15 was so short lived that by the time I found it in 15 it was shutdown again. I then decided to put it online as Ren seemed to totally pack it in. We are looking for players from that second short lived Ren run world to fill in the quests he had added. We mostly want to make it as close to Rens original vision before we start to add our own content.
    We are doing fixes and updates as we can, mostly based on player input from those that were playing when Ren restarted in 2014. We'd like to get/keep it as close to what he had, as that will feel most natural.

We'd also welcome help with scripting and coding. Currently, it's me (not a coder) with whatever advice I can get from players and forums. But an established Dev would be welcome.

4/18/2018
    Added 2 low-epic Henchmen to Amanbrakul
    Added Department of Henchman Affairs (Henchman Item Merchant) in Heija (SE corner)
    Fixed Henchman script which required you to pay for a henchman after you fired him. Now he should remember until a server reset.

4/13/2018
    Updated Journal for player infomation.
    Various script fixes for quests and loot.

Skny
    Shoric has acquired the World of Amon domain and we've put up a preliminary site.

Please visit us at WorldofAmon.com.

Sknymick
    Had a few updates in the last couple of months. Currently updating to CEP 2.65.