Skip to content

Tips for consoling on Android?

NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
Heard of a few interesting mods out there like unfinished business, an extention to Aerie's quest, and also a mod featuring the kidnap of Boo. Does anyone know how to mod this stuff for droid?

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    If you can connect to a pc and see the game's inside files, easy.
    On Ipad it is doable without a jailbreak with ifunbox. (If your ios version is compatible with ifunbox) That and @ScottBrooks 's magical exe file which converts an editted and zipped dialog.tlk file to be recognisable by Ipad without jailbreak. I could give step by step details but it won't be much use to you I am afraid.
    On android I have no idea, but I think it should be even more easily doable.
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
    lunar said:

If you can connect to a pc and see the game's inside files, easy.
    On Ipad it is doable without a jailbreak with ifunbox. (If your ios version is compatible with ifunbox) That and @ScottBrooks 's magical exe file which converts an editted and zipped dialog.tlk file to be recognisable by Ipad without jailbreak. I could give step by step details but it won't be much use to you I am afraid.
    On android I have no idea, but I think it should be even more easily doable.

Can see game files directly from the droid. Would the mod files have to be coverted before placing in the app files?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited February 2016
    No, file types are the same in between versions.
    What I did for ipad:

-copy the whole app folder to pc desktop. 2gb+ this simulates bg2 game on pc to mod
    OR
    -have the pc version of the game.

-mod the game on your pc installation (either pc version or copied from tablet) as usual.
    -mods will create an override folder and edit the dialog.tlk under lang folder. That's it. That's all the change they do. If you can transfer those changes to tablet, you mod on tablet.
    -you need to copy this override folder to the tablet to under 'library' folder. There can be a few or hundreds-thousands of editted files depending on your mod. It can take a while.
    -also copy the editted dialog.tlk to the tablet version's place where old dialog.tlk is. It is under the lang folder.
    -on Ipad lang folder is protected and unreachable without a jailbreak. Thus we need to zip the dialog.tlk in a proper zip, run it via an exe file so it sets a shortcut pathway for ipad to recognise. Putting this special zip file into library folder makes it recognasible by ipad.
    -if you can edit the dialog.tlk file on your tablet you don't need that convoluted step. You can directly swap the file with the editted/modded version.
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
    edited April 2018
    Necro:

Seting up the console for is literally the same as it is for PC. Using ES File explorer one can edit the baldur.ini program and add the line "Debug Mode" value under program functions.