Skip to content

Icewind Dale 2 as DLC for NWN:EE?

Icewind Dale 2's source code was lost, but the voice recordings and dialogs are still there. It was a decent game built on 3E. NWN also happens to be 3E with a toolset to easily make your own modules.

Given it's not feasible to make an Infinity Engine IWD2, how about remaking it as a series of NWNEE premium modules? It was a fun hack & slash and would be very multiplayer-friendly. And the voice and writing work would already be done. It won't be a 1:1 replica but i'd be able to live with that.

Comments

• ArtosArtos Member Posts: 16
    That's a monstrously good idea, at least from where I'm sitting.
  • cherryzerocherryzero Member Posts: 129
    Someone is actually working on this in NWN2, and the screennshots looks spot on...

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6286586-neverwinter-nights-ii-icewind-dale-ii/
  • SelpheaSelphea Member Posts: 23
    That's looking really good! Though part of the reason for asking was to see new assets for NWN1 like Sherincal's model and the ice temple
    Yeah, I figured that wasn’t quite what you were asking for, but I happened to run across it the other day and when I saw your post I thought I’d share.

It’s kind of better suited for NWN2 at the moment anyway. Until NWN adds FPC a faithful port of the IWD series would be hopeless.
  • NotabarbiegirlNotabarbiegirl Member Posts: 141
    I have played the NWN2 Mod for IWD2 . It is well done in many areas. I will not bash the hard work they put into it. MY only suggestions would be along the lines of : to cover everything content wise it would need to be split into a series of mods, IWD2 has so much to deal with in the story line. Also, making the Twins story with more layers and a another way of dealing with them would be wonderful. Again, I get great ideas with out the time or talent of creating them.
  • AnonySimonAnonySimon Member Posts: 28
    I also would love to see Icewind Dale 2 converted into a series of official NWNEE DLCs.

I have played the NWN2 Mod for IWD2 . It is well done in many areas. I will not bash the hard work they put into it. MY only suggestions would be along the lines of : to cover everything content wise it would need to be split into a series of mods, IWD2 has so much to deal with in the story line. Also, making the Twins story with more layers and a another way of dealing with them would be wonderful. Again, I get great ideas with out the time or talent of creating them.

I loved the story and tactical battles of IWD2, some of the best in the IE engine in my opinion. But I completely agree with the twins. In fact the climax felt kind of anti-climactic to me. Like once you learned they and everyone around them had a reason to be outcasts there should have been more than just 'kill everyone and be done with it.'

On another note, I think the IWD2 for NWN2 module is just the prologue. IWD1 is complete however.