Skip to content

Changing Charname in the middle of playtrough

MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
I am playing with two player characters, A is the Bhaalspawn and B is just a dude.

I am enjoying more B. I want to continue with B as the protagonist. Since I am almost at the end of BG, I can wait to defeat Sarevok and start SoD with only B.

I was thinking to make B the protagonist trough the multiplayer method.

Now, what about variables? I see in EEKeeper that A has so much variables. Making B the protagonist would be like a "who are you, dude?" situation for him?

I thought the best scenario would be to start SoD, and in second one change A for B (and have A gone for good, just because). This way, NPCs can keep equipment. But will still variables carry to SoD? A Choices mattered and I will lost it's impact by playing with B? Will Neera "forget" we kissed? (which is what I care most, of course).

PS: Did you say restart BG? Come on...

Comments

• outofdaboxoutofdabox Member Posts: 18
    My suggestion is to use EEKeeper to switch names, classes, xp, saves, stats, i.e. everything important between A and B, this way B becomes a the protagonist and you can continue SoD the way you want. The only problem is that if any or both A and B are casters it could be more work as you must switch spells etc but it is doable.

Another option but I don't have a BG installation currently to check it, is to see if there are any global variables in EEKeeper to see if you can make B the protagonist somehow.

Also about Neera
    minor spoiler
    If I remember correctly, variables do not carry between BG and SoD so she will not remember you kissed either way (which is a bummer), I think she didn't in my case when I romanced her.