Skip to content

Best Triple-Alignment, Triple-Party, Triple-Playthrough

i'm gearing up to start a run-through of the Baldur's Gate: EE series, or should I say three. I wanted to try to build the best three parties to run through the game, one for each of the "Morality"-spectrum alignments (Good, Neutral & Evil). I'm not necessarily looking for the most OP play-through, but I'm hoping for some interesting relationships/banters as the games go on, with my Bhaalspawn filling in whichever role seems most lacking. My goal is to also romance the main three new NPCs (Rasaad, Neera, & Dorn) with their respective PCs.

Here's what I've come up with so far, but I'm happy for suggestions also:

GOOD
Bhaalspawn (F Elven Fighter/Mage)
Imoen (Thief->Mage)
Ajantis (Paladin)
Kivan (Ranger) -> Coran (Fighter/Thief)
Rasaad (Monk)
Viconia (Cleric) - > Yeslick (Fighter/Cleric)

Bhaalspawn (F Elven Fighter/Mage)
Yoshimo (Bounty Hunter) -> Nalia (Thief->Mage) -> Imoen (Thief->Mage)
Keldorn (Inquisitor)
Minsc (Ranger)
Anomen (Fighter->Cleric)
Rasaad (Monk)

NEUTRAL
Bhaalspawn (M Human Berserker)
Safana (Thief)
Branwen (Cleric)
Jaheira (Fighter/Druid)
Xan (Illusionist)
Neera (Wild Mage)

Bhaalspawn (M Human Berserker->Cleric)
Haer’Dalis (Blade)
Yoshimo (Thief) -> Jan (Illusionist/Thief)
Aerie (Mage/Cleric)
Jaheira (Fighter/Druid) OR Mazzy (Fighter)
Neera (Wild Mage)

EVIL
Bhaalspawn (M Dwarf Bounty Hunter)
Edwin (Conjuror)
Viconia (Cleric)
Kagain (Fighter)
Shar-Teel (Fighter->Thief)
Dorn (Blackguard)

Bhaalspawn (M Dwarf Bounty Hunter)
Edwin (Conjuror)
Viconia (Cleric)
Korgan (Berserker)
Hexxat (Thief) -> Sarevok (Fighter)
Dorn (Blackguard)

Comments

• smyth25smyth25 Member Posts: 219
    This does all look good, very nice for role play purposes in particular, if you want some suggestions though, heres what I might say:

Good party:
    Your charname could be better as a thief/mage multi rather than fighter, as parties in both BG 1 and 2 are quite fighter heavy, but all your thieves are dual classed, meaning little in the way of traps and less efficient pickpocketing. Perhaps in BG2 you could be a little lenient and take Jan (despite being neutral).

Neutral party:
    In BG2 if you do dual to a cleric you may be better with Mazzy as you may have an excess of divine magic with Jaheira having druid spells, Charname can then be a good tank whilst Mazzy fills the enemies with arrows. If you decided not to dual to cleric, you could take Jaheira for the opposite reasons. Just for laughs you could even make Anomen fail his knighthood so that he becomes chaotic neutral.

Evil party:
    Just my opinion, but Xzar is a much more fun mage in BG1 than Edwin just cause of his insane personality (perhaps you need the higher power of Edwin though or prefer his personality).

Ironically, you may find that a lot of the interesting banter stems from characters with different alignments. For example, I believe Alora/Edwin and Quayle/Tiax have banter in BG1.
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    I'd swap Aerie and Anomen in the Good and Neutral parties, though you won't end up with the Aerie/Haer'dalis banters. Aerie/Minsc and Aerie/Keldorn interactions are particularly nice, IMO. Also, for Neutral... Maybe Valygar or Cernd instead of Mazzy or Jaheira? Mazzy's either the most Good NPC in BG2 or second to Aerie (again, IMO), and Jaheira's pretty darn close to NG, Druid restrictions notwithstanding.
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    For the Evil party consider Baeloth. It's fun running around with two drow and a blackguard.
  • Stupid_PunsStupid_Puns Member Posts: 66
    With Bg1 monks are practically worthless, it isn’t until Bg2 that monks get the ability to do anything what so ever. As such, for your good party I’d recommend removing Rasaad for Jaheira for some more spells on your team. But, I mean, Minsc, Dynaheir, almost anyone would be more helpful than Rasaad in Bg1.
    Other than that your parties are fine. (Quick correction, Xan is an Enchanter, not an Illusionist. So no Magic Missile, Web, or any great spells.)
    My only other piece of advice is that I’d maybe want Jaheira in your good Bg2 party instead of either Valygar or Rasaad. Insect Plague is just the greatest spell ever made, and Jaheira is pretty much the most powerful npc in Bge (In my humble opinion).
    Also, if you get the Tome of Intelligence in Bg1 you could give it to Safana instead of yourself and make Safana a Thief Mage.