Skip to content

Irenicus (in Hell) fails to die

I whooped all the rest of Irenicus' crew and have him down to near death. My entire party is pounding him, he's not fighting back, but doesn't die. I left the game running and went to the store, over an hour later they're still pounding, he's still breathing. I've done this twice now. Sound familiar to anyone?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Sounds like his final script isn't firing. Try having everyone stop attacking when this happens. Something might be blocking the script in combat. I have this happen occasionally.
    joluvtlwallsMalicron
  • tlwallstlwalls Member Posts: 28
    I tried that to no avail. I waited, nothing happened. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Is he still in Slayer form, or has he morphed back to the normal Irenicus sprite?
    tlwallsThacoBell
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited April 2018
    I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to have a health check script on a boss that has ultra regen.

Heck even melissan's scripts only fire when she has to move around. if you keep her pinned nothing will happen.
    edited April 2018
    joluv: reverted to Irenicus. argent77: I'll try that. Thanks!
    joluv
    You can also try wandering far enough away to cover him in the fog of war, and then come back.
    tlwalls
    ThacoBell: Not sure what you mean by "cover him in the fog of war", but I did move the group around to the far edges of the screen, and it had no effect.
  • Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112
    Try Ctrl+R him and kill him again?
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Or Ctrl+Y him for that matter. Maybe the game will finally register him as dead.
    tlwalls said:

ThacoBell: Not sure what you mean by "cover him in the fog of war", but I did move the group around to the far edges of the screen, and it had no effect.

When the black part of the map covers him because you are too far away.
    tlwalls
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 920
    I've had this problem multiple times. The only thing that helped for me was reloading and doing the fight all over again.
    tlwalls
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @Enuhal: I've had the same happen just before the Sahuagin City (i.e. at the end of the fight on the ship before it goes down). A script doesn't fire, things don't process on the ship and in the story. The only thing that helps, indeed, is reloading and doing the fight again.
    tlwalls
  • squirossquiros Member Posts: 32
    i have vanilla, so i dunno if it'll work for you. but irenicus isn't protected from disintegrate. so if you disintegrate him, you'll receive 26k xp. another version of him will appear to transfer the soul essence. you can actually disintegrate this one too. it will seem like your soul essence is transferred back to you from a nonexistent person. this grants you an extra 52k xp too, before the cutscene grants you the normal xp for the story.
    ThacoBelltlwalls
    Thacobell: Ah! Yes, been there. Thanks.
    ThacoBell
    squiros: It appeared to me as though disintegrate failed to work on Irenicus, but this definitely provides food for thought. Thanks!
    I rebooted and that did the trick. If in doubt: reboot. Thanks for the help!
    ThacoBellMalicronjoluv