Skip to content

New class suggestion

It was asked for for in the last stream and heres one i've been thinking of:

Neverwinter Bannerman (a name that I think was mentioned in one of the streams)
Max 30 lvls

Bab Medium
Saves: fort will

Gains limited spellbook with spells like battletide, warcry, minor healing spells

Gains unamed aura(needs a good name) which toggles on and off like combat abilities such as expertise. Affects party members within x radius.

Unamed aura:
lvl 1 5% dmg immunity
lvl 10 10% dmg immunity
lvl 20 15% dmg immunity
lvl 30 20% dmg immunity, immunity to confusion(from a bannermans ability to keep a unit coherent)

This would make a pretty unique class I think. Still might need some tweaking before its balanced I guess and it needs a background story which is something I am horrible at.

Comments

• JonlunJonlun Member Posts: 7
    I put this in the wrong forum sry..
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    You should probably refer to D&D source material for some good classes with complete design. A think to note about damage immunity is that each 5% increment only prevents 1 point of damage for each 20 points of damage dealt. However there is the spell Shield Other which prevents 50% of damage to the target and the caster instead takes the 50% of damage prevented. Coupled with other forms of damage reduction and self healing it's a much more advantageous strategy.

For an idea of official classes available you could take a look at the d20 srd website for D&D 3.5, and I believe there are also other websites that catalogue all game rules ever published for the edition. For example there are about 4000 feats and 1000 classes including prestige classes.
  • JonlunJonlun Member Posts: 7
    Ok I will look at that..