Skip to content

[MOD IDEA] Porting Modron Maze from PSTEE to BG2EE

2»

Comments

• AWizardDidItAWizardDidIt Member Posts: 197
    This is pretty rad. Always fun to have more dungeons and I love modrons so much
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    @argent77 , did you rescale the area art for the maze rooms at all? If you did, was the scaling programmatic or manually done?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433

@argent77 , did you rescale the area art for the maze rooms at all? If you did, was the scaling programmatic or manually done?

It was a mix of both. I have rescaled the tilesets and optimized the resized LM/HT/SR maps manually. For everything coordinates-related (ARE+WED) I have written a WeiDU function that did the work for me. The rescaling of BAMs were done with the excellent tool BAM Resizer.
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    Mind sliding me any code? I have stuff that converts everything from PST format to BG2 format, but I have no idea how to handle the actual scaling of the coordinates.

Mind sliding me any code? I have stuff that converts everything from PST format to BG2 format, but I have no idea how to handle the actual scaling of the coordinates.

See PM.
    I was busy fixing and improving various issues for the last couple of days. It should be close to a first official release now, except maybe for the combat system. Has anyone had a chance to test the mod yet?
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i tried a few fights. i can't say i've "tested" it yet. the fights seem to work just fine. erinyes drop +3 arrows so you can get a lot of those, but that's fine i guess.
    Yeah, +3 arrows may still be somewhat overpowered in SoA. Maybe I can reduce the number of arrows and make it so that the Erinyes uses them in combat. The party could still recover some of the arrows if they are quick enough to take her down.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    @subtledoctor I think that’s SOP in BGEE. I saw this with my unmodded iPad in 1.3.
    I have created a new topic for the mod here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/70489/mod-test-your-mettle