Skip to content

Toolset Weirdness: Ghostly weapons

Lex23Lex23 Member Posts: 34
For some reason, as of yesterday, all weapons now show up in my toolset as semi-transparent. Some are also showing up in-game as transparent, though this isn't consistent.

This is happening regardless of the module. I created a brand new one just to test, with one area, no haks or custom anything. The override folder is empty. Just to be sure that there wasn't something weird going on because I had both 1.69 and EE installed, I uninstalled both, backed up and deleted both game directories, and re-installed only EE using the Beamdog client.

Would this qualify as a bug, or did I just unknowingly toggle some weird setting?

Comments

• LaputianBirdLaputianBird Member Posts: 107
    edited February 2018
    Make sure you didn't disable "use environment mapping on creatures and items" in your toolset options.
  • Lex23Lex23 Member Posts: 34
    I just checked, and environment mapping is enabled in the toolset options, as well as in-game graphics options. I assume that's the default, as I've never changed it -- I didn't even know it was changeable in the toolset until you told me to look!

I toggled it off and on to see if that helped, and no luck.
  • QuilistanQuilistan Member Posts: 177
    after reading this I checked. this is happening to me also
  • Lex23Lex23 Member Posts: 34
    Quilistan said:

after reading this I checked. this is happening to me also

Well that makes me feel a little bit better, at least it isn't just me!

I've done everything I could think of to try and troubleshoot, but nothing as worked. It's a pretty minor annoyance right now, as it only shows up rarely in-game, but it's certainly strange.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    I have heard of this before. In those cases it was a graphics driver problem. You are up to date with them aren't you?

TR
  • QuilistanQuilistan Member Posts: 177
    yes up to date with drivers