Skip to content

[Request] Make off-hand slot more useable

KaxonKaxon Member Posts: 156
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
In the old games, you can't put anything in your offhand slot if ANY of the items in your main slots require two hands. Lots of times for fighters I want to have a sword as my primary weapon and a bow as a secondary weapon, but this means I can't dual wield or use a shield along with the sword, unless I pause and change equipment in combat. It would be nice if the game would let you put something in that slot, and be smart enough to only use it when your main hand has a one-handed weapon active. Especially for someone with Valygar, it seems like bow / dual wield katanas is the config that makes the most sense.

Comments

• MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    I understand your point and cannot think of anything logical to be against such a request, only thing I could probably say is it may be difficult to implement using the original games data.
  • IcallhimlecobraIcallhimlecobra Member Posts: 59
    I have often thought this. However this was probably by design, a fighter who could quickly switch between sword and board and a longbow would be pretty formidable and you can still use throwing axes, darts etc with a shield equipped. Hmmmm I'm a bit torn on this one