Skip to content

NWN Edge Scrolling not working

diavlendiavlen Member Posts: 3
This is an issue with the linux version (8166). It also affect thew win32 through wine. When I drag my mouse to the edge of the screen, edge scrolling no longer works

Comments

• VivienneLVivienneL Member Posts: 52
    edited April 2018
    I filed a bug report for this a while ago:
    https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/36044#change-212634
    The difference for me is the edge scrolling works in wine but not in the native linux nwn:ee.
    I wish they would fix this as the edge scrolling works in linux NWN 1.69. (I finally played the linux nwn 1.69 version too)
  • zhymmzhymm Member Posts: 1
    I use the linux client for NwN:EE as well and the non-functionality of Screen Edge Camera Turning is EXTREMELY ANNOYING. I'll have to try running the Windoze client via wine but, hey Beamdog, I shouldn't have to do that! You've marketed NwN:EE as having a working linux client (like good old 1.69). Well, in my opinion, it falls short and you're misrepresenting your product.
  • VivienneLVivienneL Member Posts: 52
    edited April 2019
    I would like to elaborate on this issue. Yesterday I updated both the Retail version and the Development version of Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition from the Beamdog client and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the screen edge camera is working now. I also noticed that Neverwinter Nights was starting in fullscreen mode whereas previously it was starting with the Ubuntu top bar still showing. I checked the nwn.ini file and saw that fullscreen was set to 1 like so: "FullScreen=1". I changed it to "FullScreen=0" and ran the game again and now the ubuntu top bar was showing and the screen edge camera stopped working again.
    So to solve this issue all we have to do is open up nwn.ini and make sure it says "FullScreen=1".
    Problem solved!!
    Hope this helps others who are having this problem.

I have posted the above on the bug page as well. I'm wondering if this was the problem all along and we just didn't realize it. This problem was so annoying to me that I avoided playing on Linux and the Ubuntu top bar showing up was annoying too. I didn't realize that the game wasn't in fullscreen.