Skip to content

Offhand THAC0 bug.

It doesn't have an impact on the game, I suppose, but Minsc shows an offhand THAC0 of minus a whole lot when wielding a bow. This must be some bug with the binary representation.

I also ran into something with Minsc that I don't understand: when hit by a creature, the battle log said: 12 points of damage, '3 points resisted'. I am not aware of any resistance in his items or abilities. What can that be?

Comments

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Lotti said:

It doesn't have an impact on the game, I suppose, but Minsc shows an offhand THAC0 of minus a whole lot when wielding a bow. This must be some bug with the binary representation.

This seems to be related to this ticket and it should be fixed in the upcoming 2.5 patch.
  • HimikoHimiko Member Posts: 2
    So this has no impact on dice rolls ? Not that my Imoen would hit anything but an elephant in a hallway but still.
  • MonotremataMonotremata Member Posts: 78
    You should be seeing those damage resisted messages all the time on both your characters and NPCs. Ever notice your armor has more than just a single static armor class, and weapons do different types of damage? There ya go. Hit a character that's got fire resistance, with a flaming weapon, youre going to see him resist a certain amount of fire damage. Hit a character that has a bonus against slash damage, with a sword, you'll see him resist part of it. Hit a character with crushing resistance with a mace, once again, he's going to resist some of the damage.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2018
    Armour nor armour class do anything to resist damage unless specifically mentioned in the item. All they do is make opponents miss with their attacks via a thac0 check.

What does increase or reduce damage is difficulty levels. Normal gives 25% damage reduction for the player. I've never played at normal but I can imagine that this may be reported to the player in this manner.