Skip to content

Downgrade/Updating

birdman076birdman076 Member Posts: 29
I've had the game since early release...When the game went live I had a full list of multiplayer games to connect to. I updated with the first update and lost all but 3 servers. I updated the second update and went to 2 servers, updated again and lost all servers and still have no servers that are compatible with the update(s). Server list is there but all greyed out.

1. Is there a plan to add a column in the game list within the game for hosted version? (I know it is there in the online list but really? Tabbing out of game to see what version?)
2. How do I "Downgrade" my install to be able to gain access to those servers?
3. This is a cluster of epic proportions with no "forced" patches for those of us who do not belong to a long standing group or hosted server forums.
4. As of right now multiplayer is dead for anyone who has hit the little yellow update button on the client...
5. It would be extremely helpful to have the version information either on the Beamdog client or on the menu screen like it was in the original..

Comments

• SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    All servers are advised to go with the stable version. There has been only one release of that so far - 8166.
    The development builds are just for people experimenting with new features, they are not for playing multiplayer.

So:
    1. When you log in game, the servers that are running a different version will be greyed-out and unjoinable.
    2. No way to do so currently. But you can switch to the stable branch and get the version that all servers are running. You can also stick multiple .exe files in the bin/ directory and then pick manually - but you'll have to remember to store these .exe files somewhere, or get someone to send them to you.
    3. I don't understand what you mean. If you want to play online, use the stable version. If you want to experiment with the new features, use the development channel. If you want both, install both (not sure if possible through steam, but you can through BD client)
    4. Switch from development/head start to regular NWN branch and install that.
  • birdman076birdman076 Member Posts: 29

All servers are advised to go with the stable version. There has been only one release of that so far - 8166.
    The development builds are just for people experimenting with new features, they are not for playing multiplayer.

So:
    1. When you log in game, the servers that are running a different version will be greyed-out and unjoinable.
    2. No way to do so currently. But you can switch to the stable branch and get the version that all servers are running. You can also stick multiple .exe files in the bin/ directory and then pick manually - but you'll have to remember to store these .exe files somewhere, or get someone to send them to you.
    3. I don't understand what you mean. If you want to play online, use the stable version. If you want to experiment with the new features, use the development channel. If you want both, install both (not sure if possible through steam, but you can through BD client)
    4. Switch from development/head start to regular NWN branch and install that.

Thanks for the quick reply. Now that you pointed out there are different versions I found them by clicking around in the beamdog interface (nothing like mousing over something and nothing happens). The drop down is not very intuitive for the different versions available and if you hadn't pointed it out I probably never would have found it. I had already switched over (it was automatic) from the head start version but it stayed in development mode if that makes sense.
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    What was head start before the release became "Development" afterwards, and a separate one is for stable (I think it's just called "Neverwinter Nights" with not additional descriptor). Agreed that it wasn't very intuitive, and as I understand it it's even worse on steam.
  • ricoyungricoyung Member Posts: 83
    Thank you @Sherincall for answering several questions I had :)