Skip to content

Problem with rendering the willow tree placeable and static check box.

NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
edited May 2018 in Builders - Toolset
So I kept having "freeze" (1 to 2 seconds) problems in one particular area and I thought it was due to exiting an encounter but it was just coincidence that the moment I exited that particular encounter trigger, the willow trees I had placed further back would render. It kinda hit me when I went to place another willow tree in another area and it took awhile for the toolset to give me one to place. Once I removed the willow trees from the area, the "freeze" problem went away. So then I started looking at the properties and wanted to try checking the tree's "static" box to see if that would help. But I can't set it to static (box won't stay checked) and can't remember if this was always the case for all the newer trees or is this some recent change/problem.
Anyway it might be a good idea to check out the large willow tree placeable?

Edit: Maybe I just had corrupted willow trees? I placed new ones in the same area and same spots, messed with the useable, plot, static check boxes a bit (reopened properties to see static doesn't stay checked) and now I'm not having any issues with those trees or the area. I don't know.

Comments

• BalanorBalanor Member Posts: 176
    The static box never stayed checked for the willow tree placeables (and some other from the last patch) in 1.69 either. I remember @Shadooow talking about this problem way back when, but I'm not sure if he was able to get anything "fixed" with these for his 1.7X patches, and/or if willow trees set to static did actually help with any lag.

I agree it would be nice to see these placeables fixed so they can be set to static.
  • T0R0T0R0 Member Posts: 86
    Just guessing off the cuff,,,, sounds like in placeables.2da, last column,(static) is set to 0. Setting to 1 should let you set to static although.....
    *DISCLAIMER* there might be a reason it's set to 0 :o
  • ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402
    Balanor said:

The static box never stayed checked for the willow tree placeables (and some other from the last patch) in 1.69 either. I remember @Shadooow talking about this problem way back when, but I'm not sure if he was able to get anything "fixed" with these for his 1.7X patches, and/or if willow trees set to static did actually help with any lag.

I agree it would be nice to see these placeables fixed so they can be set to static.

IIRC I set them them to static in 2da and blueprints as well. So if you install community patch for EE you should not see lag.

But, I am not sure my fix is retrospective. I suppose not. So any trees pre-placed without community patch will still not be static.

As for whether there is any reason they are not static, it is possible but nobody reported any issues with 1.69 trees under community patch so it should be fine.