Skip to content

Has anyone tested the 'Save Nordom!' tweak?

SoulReaverSoulReaver Member Posts: 33
Badungu created an EE version of the 'Save Nordom' tweak, which he says he tested and works just fine:
badungu said:
However, there's been at least one report from someone else (in the Unfinished Buisiness: Reloaded thread) that it's not working for them:
Canzah said:

Sounds pretty good to me. Still waiting on finalized version of the mod though, also on a side note that Save Nordom tweak posted earlier doesn't work, at least not for me.

The Save Nordom tweak doesn't have its own thread here, and I currently haven't got PST:EE installed (nor the time to play so far into it that I can test it for myself) so I'm opening the floor here: has anyone installed the tweak and tested it? Does it work for you?

Comments

• SoulReaverSoulReaver Member Posts: 33
    Is there really nobody that's tried it (successfully or unsuccessfully)?
  • jaklumenjaklumen Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2018
    @SoulReaver Color me sufficiently bored, replying to an old thread, but I have installed it, and it works just fine. One thing I did notice, compared to previous versions: you're forced to give Nordom the cube, which makes it difficult to retrieve him for the end-game (or to be able to give the cube to Coaxmetal) without resorting to cheating, i.e. creating another copy of the item.
  • SoulReaverSoulReaver Member Posts: 33
    That seems like a pretty big oversight... if you have no way of 'retrieving' Nordom without cheating then it kind of defeats the purpose of the mod to begin with.

I'm currently playing through PS:T EE anyway, so I'll be able to see it for myself eventually.
  • KenethKeneth Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2018
    Just open the SaveNordom.d file with a text editor before installing and remove the TakePartyItem("cube") action at the bottom. That should solve the problem.

As for how the mod works, looking at the dialogue modifications, it seems you have to take Vhailor and kick Nordom out of the party. After that, if you talk to him (assuming it's not automatic), you should have the option to send Nordom back to Rubikon (where you can later retrieve him if you wish).

Edit: Having checked the changelog, this change seems to have been deliberate. I have no idea why. Perhaps Badungu assumed that this was the intended behavior. To restore the original behavior, you can also move the TakePartyItem action back before the DropInventory action. Not that it makes any difference.
  • Vandervecken_SmithVandervecken_Smith Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2023
    For folks who want it, I have created a fork of Badungu's mod that fixes the problem:
    https://github.com/vandervecken/PST-SaveNordomTweak
    I've submitted a PR to his mod, but I'm not sure if he will take it, as he is inactive.