Skip to content

A new cleric in the game

Hello, comrades! I come here to make a ... "Appeal," so to speak. First I want to apologize for my English, I'm using Google translator, so it's quite possible that you have several translation errors. I understand English well, but not yet a very vast vocabulary to speak hehe. For some time now I've been thinking about how good a mix between two classes, Shaman and Cleric, would be. I love the cleric class, they are in my opinion the best protectors. But his way of storing spells displeases me. I use the sorcerer instead of wizards, I believe his casting of spells is much better. Since the Shaman's kit was added in the game I've been thinking about how good it would be for Shaman's spell progression in clergymen, and that's why I come here to ask some of the mod developers to think about it. I think it would be a great joint. It does not have to be a specific kit, just a class variation. I could create the history of the class.

Class details (theoretically)

-You can use any weapon allowed to the clerics
- Can not use heavier shields than average shields
- You can not use heavier armor than a
-Leaves fewer spells than a regular cleric
-He does not gain spells based on wisdom. Instead, the ... (unnamed yet hehe) learn a small amount of spells that can be cast daily without memorization
... Still have a few things to add, but in spirit that's it. I think it would be a great class!

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    PaiN6 said:

Hello, comrades! I come here to make a ... "Appeal," so to speak. First I want to apologize for my English, I'm using Google translator, so it's quite possible that you have several translation errors. I understand English well, but not yet a very vast vocabulary to speak hehe. For some time now I've been thinking about how good a mix between two classes, Shaman and Cleric, would be. I love the cleric class, they are in my opinion the best protectors. But his way of storing spells displeases me. I use the sorcerer instead of wizards, I believe his casting of spells is much better. Since the Shaman's kit was added in the game I've been thinking about how good it would be for Shaman's spell progression in clergymen, and that's why I come here to ask some of the mod developers to think about it. I think it would be a great joint. It does not have to be a specific kit, just a class variation. I could create the history of the class.

Class details (theoretically)

-You can use any weapon allowed to the clerics
    - Can not use heavier shields than average shields
    - You can not use heavier armor than a
    -Leaves fewer spells than a regular cleric
    -He does not gain spells based on wisdom. Instead, the ... (unnamed yet hehe) learn a small amount of spells that can be cast daily without memorization
    ... Still have a few things to add, but in spirit that's it. I think it would be a great class!

There is a class in NWN2 called a Favoured Soul that works like you're describing. It hasn't been implemented in the Infinity Engine games as of yet.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited June 2018

Balrog99 said:

There is a class in NWN2 called a Favoured Soul that works like you're describing. It hasn't been implemented in the Infinity Engine games as of yet.

...Or has it?
    I went and looked at that link and saw nothing about Favored Souls. Am I missing something?

Edit: This is what I get for using ctrl + f and using the American spelling for Favored Soul lol. It's pretty obviously there.