Skip to content

Thief Guild issue (with Ama and Sir Greshal)

MelkorrMelkorr Member Posts: 23
So any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.
Just finished taking care of Mae'Var in the thieves guild and Ama came and arranged for a meeting on Waukeen's Promenade at night.
When I go there I'm teleported to the north door; we wait together for the "Government official" (Sir Greshal) and when he comes he doesn't initiate dialog; neither does Ama (I took care to remove all weapons like she advised).

Any idea on how to fix this? maybe a CLUA command?
Post edited by Melkorr on

Comments

• Oswald81Oswald81 Member Posts: 63
    Ctrl+t incase something is just hungup.
  • MelkorrMelkorr Member Posts: 23
    Thank you for the suggestion Oswald81.
    Sadly that didn't work :-(
    Any insight?
    Anyone?
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    Melkorr said:

Any insight?
    Anyone?

If i was to guess i would say the script has been corrupted so isn't running. You can try just force-attacking Ama or anyone else, since the quest involves that anyway it may just pick up as completed. It's possible that you needed to speak to the old man (if you freed him) and/or the bouncer, so you are warned about Ama, but not 100% sure that would stop the ambush.

If the quest won't advance if you kill Ama and the rest then you're likely to need to reinstall/repair.
  • Oswald81Oswald81 Member Posts: 63
    What version are you running? And have you been fooling a lot around with Shadowkeeper and CLUAConsole?
    edited June 2018
    Borek said:

Melkorr said:

Any insight?
    Anyone?

If i was to guess i would say the script has been corrupted so isn't running. You can try just force-attacking Ama or anyone else, since the quest involves that anyway it may just pick up as completed. It's possible that you needed to speak to the old man (if you freed him) and/or the bouncer, so you are warned about Ama, but not 100% sure that would stop the ambush.

If the quest won't advance if you kill Ama and the rest then you're likely to need to reinstall/repair.

I attacked both of them and killed them, but that didn't advance the quest; If I'm not mistaken there should be a second thieves guild related quest involving someone stealing money from the guild?
    Is there a code to "advance" to next part of the thieves guild quest?
    Oswald81 said:

What version are you running? And have you been fooling a lot around with Shadowkeeper and CLUAConsole?

I'm using the "normal" version of BG2, not the EE one.
    And yes I have but only to fix issues with familiars and gold/xp - nothing quest related.

EDIT: When I got back to the guild Lathan acknowledged the events on WP and apologized, so I guess that somewhere the fact that I killed her got registered. Although the quest with AMA is still in the journal as a non completed quest
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    yeah the issue with quests not showing as completed in the journal is quite common, usually they have no issues past the journal though so hopefully you can continue as normal.
    All right.
    Thank you very muck Borek!