Skip to content

New Update Breaks DMFI Scripts With /" Escapes

WhitegraveWhitegrave Member Posts: 37
Below is an image of the error now caused by the ability for quotations be be escaped in NWScript.

https://imgur.com/a/axGytn8

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Comments

• ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited June 2018
    comment it out , how often do you use Leetspeak ? or extend the " " out so " /\/\"; or replace them with other symbol/number/letter.
  • WhitegraveWhitegrave Member Posts: 37
    For anyone who stumbles across this with the same issue, you can correct it as so:

case 12: return GetStringLeft("/\/\ ", 4); case 38: return GetStringLeft("/\/\ ", 4);
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    I tried this with some horse naming scripts, no joy. I also added it to a module heartbeat to log a \ to the serverlog, no joy. Workaround for me was to use an external compiler.
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    We're aware of this and fixing it. Unfortunately, DMFI wasn't a case we tested against (booooohhh). Escape rules are rather particular, so something like "\" will never work correctly if you want to be able to escape ". It will likely have to be "\\" in a upcoming patch, to be consistent with every other language out there. We'll advise in future patch notes at the very least.

IMO, for the added functionality this allows, a oneliner script change is bearable, even if it breaks compatibility. It's just not possible to have both.