Skip to content

A question about nearinfinity...

Hi this is probably something that has been asked before but... i haven't found anything about it so... just how do you change an item's enchant level? basically what i want is to give a weapon higher enchant (mostly for weapons with useful effects like, Belm, Kundane, etc...), like i said i have been searching for this for a while and i haven found anything useful the closest thing i found was about changing an item's description which while useful is not what i needed, anyways if anyone knows please tell me because frankly i have no idea what i'm doing...

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    IESDP is good source for looking up resource info when in doubt (e.g. the item format description). Enchantment level is located at offset 60 (hex). In NI you can turn on the hex offset column for structured resources (Options > Show Hex Offsets) to quicky find the field at the given offset.
    JuliusBorisovmarcialhd
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    marcialhd said:

Hi this is probably something that has been asked before but... i haven't found anything about it so... just how do you change an item's enchant level? basically what i want is to give a weapon higher enchant (mostly for weapons with useful effects like, Belm, Kundane, etc...), like i said i have been searching for this for a while and i haven found anything useful the closest thing i found was about changing an item's description which while useful is not what i needed, anyways if anyone knows please tell me because frankly i have no idea what i'm doing...

Note this will just change the flag for what it can/cannot hit, it won't change the damage, that can be edited also just not in the same place.
    marcialhd
  • marcialhdmarcialhd Member Posts: 53
    argent77 said:

IESDP is good source for looking up resource info when in doubt (e.g. the item format description). Enchantment level is located at offset 60 (hex). In NI you can turn on the hex offset column for structured resources (Options > Show Hex Offsets) to quicky find the field at the given offset.

Borek said:

marcialhd said:

Note this will just change the flag for what it can/cannot hit, it won't change the damage, that can be edited also just not in the same place.
    thanks to to you both this will be very useful! :smile: i mainly asked because i wanted to still be able to use certain weapons against enemies that are immune to lower enchant levels, also just for curiosity where do i edit the damage?
    In the same image i posted you can see Item ability 0 line, dbl click the right hand column, it'll open up an additional page, the damage parts specifically are Dice size and # dice thrown, Bonus to hit and Damage bonus are usually the enchantment bonus, although they do not change what you can/cannot hit, that's what my 1st post was for.

Example would be if you wanted to make Carsomyr into a longsword +3, you'd edit the 6 in Enchantment field to be 3, then open up the Item ability 0 page and change the Dice size to 8, the # dice thrown no need to change as it's 1 in both cases, then change the Bonus to hit to 3 and the Damage bonus to 3. Obviously there's loads of other things you can also do, but hope that helps.
  • marcialhdmarcialhd Member Posts: 53
    Borek said:

In the same image i posted you can see Item ability 0 line, dbl click the right hand column, it'll open up an additional page, the damage parts specifically are Dice size and # dice thrown, Bonus to hit and Damage bonus are usually the enchantment bonus, although they do not change what you can/cannot hit, that's what my 1st post was for.

Example would be if you wanted to make Carsomyr into a longsword +3, you'd edit the 6 in Enchantment field to be 3, then open up the Item ability 0 page and change the Dice size to 8, the # dice thrown no need to change as it's 1 in both cases, then change the Bonus to hit to 3 and the Damage bonus to 3. Obviously there's loads of other things you can also do, but hope that helps.

Ahh... ok thanks i still don't understand the whole thing about "dices" but i do understand the rest so again thank you very much for this and i'm really sorry for not answering sooner
    marcialhd said:

Borek said:

Ahh... ok thanks i still don't understand the whole thing about "dices" but i do understand the rest so again thank you very much for this and i'm really sorry for not answering sooner
    No problem, Dices are what the game uses to determine damage ranges, based on the fact that this is a computer version of the pen and paper game which used various sizes of Dice to determine the results.

Carsomyr having a dice size of 12 means the damage variance when you hit is 1-12 based on the dice, a Longsword is 1-8 due to it's dice size of 8.

So lets say i wanted to make a weapon that did 2-8 damage, i'd pick Dice size 4 and # dice thrown 2, that would make 2x(1-4), AKA 2-8 damage range.

Hope that makes more sense.