Skip to content

Multiplayer help

sebastian7sebastian7 Member Posts: 1
Hi everyone! So I am totally new to Baldur's Gate and I picked up the enhanced edition recently. I really want to play it with a friend so we have been playing through multiplayer but there seem to be a lot of bugs. One, for instance, is that I keep granting him permissions and then the permissions get revoked somehow. For instance, every time we load the game I check the boxes for pausing game, initiating dialogue, etc. However, despite this, the game will not let him initiate dialogue. Note that he initially could talk to NPCs, so something must have happened, because now he can't even though the box for allowing it is definitely checked. Some of the other permissions have not been working either or have needed resetting but the dialogue one seems to be the most persistent. Does anyone have advice on how to fix this issue?

One other issue we had is that when I talked to an innkeeper and went into the store the dialogue box for the innkeeper got "stuck" on my friends screen. He could move around but all of a sudden the last dialogue box was at the bottom of his screen stuck there, and he couldn't get it to go away. Also, he told me that all of the options on the left side of the screen got greyed out. The issue persisted when we loaded an earlier save and even when we exited the game and reopened it. Eventually the issue resolved on its own, but I thought I'd report it anyway to see if people have tips for avoiding this stuff. Thanks ahead of time for any help with this!

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Could you provide us the details of your layouts? (system, OS, game version, vendor)
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    I'm not sure what your issue is with permissions. The need to reset them every time you start a game is annoying and I have noted the odd glitch where things don't seem to work correctly, but that's rare in my experience. Do you get the same problem if you restart the session (not just reload a game within the session, but start a new session in the lobby)?

In relation to the dialogue boxes I do recognize that as a regular occurrence - though once you get used to it, it's not really a problem. It can occur when you're in a shop or your inventory screen and another player talks to someone else - you then see the other person's dialogue, which blocks your view and the escape key won't clear the dialogue. If you're in the middle of trying to buy or sell something from a shop that seems particularly nasty as you probably won't be able to see the buttons used to confirm the transaction. However, my experience is that you can always get to those by dragging the dialogue box down to its minimum size. If you're just in the inventory you should be able to reset things by clicking on the status buttons on the left hand edge of the screen.