Skip to content

Wizard Slayer Re-balancing - Bugged?

zulu2502zulu2502 Member Posts: 4
edited June 2018 in BGII:EE Mods
Hey all! Recently decided to give BGEE another run, and downloaded the Wizard Slayer Re balancing mod(V1.13)(http://avenger981.github.io/doc/readme_wsr.html#intro) and have run into 2 issues with it. First one is that the ability "Shattered Magic" comes up as "Placeholder" as it's name in the ability panel. Secondly when I activate Shattered Magic the dialogue shows : "Disrupt magic" "Miscast Magic", which is never shown in the feedback outside of using the ability.

I'd like to have asked this on the SHS forum - but it seems that the thread is long dead. Is this normal for the mod or did I screw up the install somehow?

Edit: Incorrectly said Disrupt Magic, it actually says Miscast Magic.

Edit2: The class kit description also doesn't update, however the magic resistance changes work as the mod describes
Post edited by zulu2502 on

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    What version of bg:EE are you running and do you have SoD installed?
  • zulu2502zulu2502 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2018

V 2.3.67.3, and yes I have SoD installed
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    zulu2502 said:

Welcome to the forum, @zulu2502

Before installing mods on a BGEE + SoD installation you need to run a tool called modmerger.

Uninstall the current Wizard Slayer Rebalancing, run the modmerger and after that reinsall the WsR.

That should solve your problem.

PS: I have another mod for the WS that can be used with WsR. If you chose to use it, make sure you install it after WsR.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    You only need Modmorge to run to you play through Steam or GoG. Not when using the Beamdog Client.
    Raduziel said:

zulu2502 said:

Welcome to the forum, @zulu2502

Before installing mods on a BGEE + SoD installation you need to run a tool called modmerger.

Uninstall the current Wizard Slayer Rebalancing, run the modmerger and after that reinsall the WsR.

That should solve your problem.

PS: I have another mod for the WS that can be used with WsR. If you chose to use it, make sure you install it after WsR.
    Thank you for the welcome! Been a long time lurker. I am using the Steam version, so that would explain my need for the mod merger! Thank you both! I'll install it now and get back on my progress
    Yup! Works as intended now! Thank you both!