Skip to content

PC Rebalancing Mod?

chromaticorbchromaticorb Member Posts: 1
edited June 2018 in BGII:EE Mods
Hi there, so far from what I've seen, I'm unaware if there is a rebalancing mod for PCs in BGII. Is there one available? While BGI is the egregious one for broken PCs, and BGII has a far more interesting experience that forces players to make a balanced party that doesn't have the same alignment, I feel are a couple of characters such as Valgyar and d'Arnise would almost never be considered in my endgame party because of far stronger alternatives in a good/neutral party, for example. Enhanced dialogue mods might keep them along for narrative purposes, but I feel a couple of choices deserve a subtle beefing, or in the case of Sarevok, perhaps a de-beefing.

Does such a mod exist, and if not, would such a mod be desired? Happy to hear everyone's opinions on this.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited June 2018
    Well, first off, I disagree with you on Valygar and Nalia being weak NPCs. Valygar has the tools to be one of the best melee damage dealers with the ability to backstab and dual-wield right off the bat and at higher levels is also one of the most durable party members with a combination of Hardiness, Defender of Easthaven and Armor of Faith. Nalia is the most accessible good-aligned mage with a decent weapon selection thanks to her thief levels as well as having the best ring in the game. And Sarevok isn't that far above other warriors due to having very few standout assets outside of the unreliable Deathbringer Assault and having high stats all around. I think what you should do is try and analyze exactly what each seemingly poor NPC has to offer.

That said, it's a simple matter to modify any NPC in the game according to your desires using EEKeeper, no mods required.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I have a mod that spices Valygar a little, turning him into a Wizard Slayer. It is compatible with the Wizard Slayer Rebalancing, as long as WSR is installed first.