Skip to content

Stealth Detection Issue

I'm having a problem in my module where I'm not able to shake enemy aggro.

If I walk behind a building and break line of sight, and then stealth, the enemies continue following me unabated. They will follow me across the entire map regardless of whether or not I try to break aggro with stealth. It also doesn't seem to matter how much hide or move silent skill I have either. Once they've noticed me, they never let go.

The monsters have default level AI, and do not have true seeing or any properties for that matter

Any ideas?

Comments

• pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116
    Did you have Hide in Plain Sight?
  • WhitegraveWhitegrave Member Posts: 37
    pscythe said:

No, however on other similar servers if you break LoS and then stealth you can lose aggro. But not on mine for some reason
  • ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402

pscythe said:

No, however on other similar servers if you break LoS and then stealth you can lose aggro. But not on mine for some reason
    The issue you have is actually default vanilla behavior. You cannot break aggro without HIPS in vanilla AI. Neither community patch changes this (because most module builders would consider this as too cheap AI abuse and didn't want it).

The servers you refer probably uses custom AI that allows that. Which one, from those that are available on vault, does this is not known to me...