Skip to content

Can't use ranged weapons

When I put a ranged weapon in someone's quick weapon slots it doesn't show up on the action bar during combat. Doesn't matter if they're only holding the ranged weapon or other weapons as well, doesn't matter if they're holding something in their offhand. The slot that the weapon would have occupied is simply empty. Please help

Comments

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited June 2018
    @hamiero Have you put the appropriate ammo for the weapon in your Quiver on the top left of the inventory screen? e.g. for a Bow, Arrows–for a Crossbow, Bolts–for a Sling, Bullets.
    MERLANCE
  • hamierohamiero Member Posts: 2
    Oh god, i'm a dumbass. Thanks lol
    MERLANCE
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @hamiero Hey, it's all good. I first played this game in 1999 ... when I was five years old. I made some seriously stupid mistakes and misunderstood just about everything. Take away the age factor and it's still a pretty unintuitive game at first, honestly. :smile:
    Grond0ronaldo
  • MonotremataMonotremata Member Posts: 78
    Damn now I really feel old haha. I was like 24 when it first came out! :dizzy: Yeah you would think they would be smart enough to just use the 1000 arrows they have in their backpack, but it makes sense. Otherwise they would have the whole pool of ammo to randomly choose, and you would end up wasting that stack of fire arrows you have saved up, because they would just grab whatever random ammo they found in the bag. At least with the ammo slots, you can manage it and save the good arrows when you need them. I just wish it would reload automatically if you use up all the slots, and still have like 1000 arrows/bullets in your backpack. It freaks me out when Neera runs out of bullets and runs head first into combat with a staff. At least Imoen can do some decent support damage with her sword when she runs out of arrows.