Skip to content

Game is crashing, especially with SUI on

Hello.

I'm trying to play through BG:EE, but I am suddenly dealing with the game crashing at an increasing rate. Originally the game would crash every so often, with talking to someone or trying to end a conversation often being the trigger. I think that I haven't dealt with a crash outside of a major town, actually. That was bad enough as I often lost half an hour of exploring towns and talking to commoners a few times but I could push through, but then I tried to start a new character tonight while Scale User Interface was checked because I like that layout much better compared to the default where everything is too small and far away for my liking, and I didn't get out of Candlekeep without it crashing multiple times.

It crashed spawning the monsters for the group combat tutorial several times, it crashed when I entered the Guardhouse, and it crashed when I turned in the quest to give Nessie the antidote. Sometimes these will work, but I don't want to have to constantly save due to fear of the game crashing anytime I do something.

This is frustrating because I played this very game a few years ago (on a Mac not a PC), and I never once dealt with a crash. Now, with a gaming laptop running Windows 10, the game is suddenly unable to work right.

Comments

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

I can't help but a few things you might want to add to the post as people will ask if they think they can help.

Are you using any mods?
    What version of the game are you using?

Also, welcome to the forum. :)
  • FlyinMXFlyinMX Member Posts: 3

I can't help but a few things you might want to add to the post as people will ask if they think they can help.

Are you using any mods?
    What version of the game are you using?

Also, welcome to the forum. :)

Thanks.

I am not using any mods, and using v2.3.67.3. I also have Siege of Dragonspear installed, if that matters.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Are you on windows? There was an update recently, and every windows update seems to break the game for a few users.
  • FlyinMXFlyinMX Member Posts: 3
    Yes. Windows 10.