Skip to content

Skie Silvershield in BG2? SPOILERS!

LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
I have just finished watching a playthrough of SoD. The game left an unfinished business regarding Skie Silvershield.

As I haven't yet played Baldurs Gate 2, I'm curious as to how that is resolved. I don't want to know *how* it is resolved, but merely *whether* it is resolved, in BG2.

So that's my question: will the questions revolving around Skie Silvershield be resolved at some point in BG2?
Post edited by Loldrup on

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    It isn't. The plot around Skie is a new thing, while BG2 wasn't made with it in mind. Sucks, but that's how it is.
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Somebody should make a mod. Shouldn't be too difficult to find a voice actress for the role.
  • magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    A mod would be nice but what would be better is that beamdog give us an ending to this by either adding the ending to BG2 somehow. For example, this would be a perfect quest for a shaman to do - so beamdog adds a new shaman npc and together we figure out what happened to Skie and all is solved.

If you can't add it with a patch - I imagine it would be huge, maybe a mini-expansion epilogue/unfinished business type thing to download ( I buy it) for this story for BG2 or even ToB that allows the Skie story to end.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    there was a skie npc mod made by lava. sod pretty much made it non canon now.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    XD I want a mod that invoIves Skie, EIdoth, and Garrick for bg2. Ioved Garrick in bg1 he was one of my mainstays on pure favoritism XD reaIIy hated his bg2 cameo as it just did not feeI right at aII.
  • NuinNuin Member Posts: 451
    edited June 2016
    Garrick in BG2 acts a lot like his original self when you first meet him in BG1 (lacks confidence, experience; still very naive) so game canon-wise we have to assume that you only briefly traveled with him.
    Kinda sad since it would've been nice to see Garrick grow as a character after the events in BG1, if you kept him for most of the game. Could've turned out into a great character.

It's understandable why the devs would want to distance NPCs like Garrick and Eldoth from BG2, though. As powerful the bard class is in the BG games, Garrick and Eldoth were terrible representatives of the class. Note that BG2 NPCs are also all pretty powerful, from stats to special items to personal backstories (eg. Nalia and Anomen were from wealthy families, Nalia received top-tier schooling and Anomen is a veteran fighter - even Valygar is descended from a line of powerful mages).
    NPCs like Garrick and Eldoth would feel out of place in BG2.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited June 2016
    Loldrup said:

I have just finished watching a playthrough of SoD. The game left an unfinished business regarding Skie Silvershield.

Unfinished?

No, she's dead. I want her to stay dead. The whole "Snow White" trope is overdone.

Post edited by mf2112 on
    edited June 2018

Loldrup said:

Unfinished? No, CENSORED.

Remember to put spoilers in a spoiler tag...
    Post edited by Loldrup on
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Loldrup said:

Loldrup said:

Unfinished? No, she's dead. I want her to stay dead. The whole "Snow White" trope is overdone.

Remember to put spoilers in a spoiler tag...
    This, especially on the BG2 forum
    Nuin said:

Garrick in BG2 acts a lot like his original self when you first meet him in BG1 (lacks confidence, experience; still very naive) so game canon-wise we have to assume that you only briefly traveled with him.
    Kinda sad since it would've been nice to see Garrick grow as a character after the events in BG1, if you kept him for most of the game. Could've turned out into a great character.

It's understandable why the devs would want to distance NPCs like Garrick and Eldoth from BG2, though. As powerful the bard class is in the BG games, Garrick and Eldoth were terrible representatives of the class. Note that BG2 NPCs are also all pretty powerful, from stats to special items to personal backstories (eg. Nalia and Anomen were from wealthy families, Nalia received top-tier schooling and Anomen is a veteran fighter - even Valygar is descended from a line of powerful mages).
    NPCs like Garrick and Eldoth would feel out of place in BG2.

Not every npc needs to be powergamey great wealthy families with minmaxed attributes.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918

Loldrup said:

Unfinished? No, she's dead. I want her to stay dead. The whole "Snow White" trope is overdone.

Who said she wouldn't stay dead? We did not ask for her to resurrected, but rather get an explanation to what happanend. I don't want it howere, games like these needs more mysteries and events you need to figure out a conclusion on yourself. Things that ends with no explanation like the Death of Skie Silvershield is kind of neat.

Do I really have to put all this in a spoiler tag or could the OP please put a spoiler tag in the tittle?
    edited June 2016

Not every npc needs to be powergamey great wealthy families with minmaxed attributes.

Except this is BG2. It's a high fantasy epic involving gods, fate and destiny.
    Do I really need to point out just how remarkable each BG2 NPC is in his/her own right? None of them are on the scale of Garrick/Eldoth.
    I suppose the devs could have added in a low level "normal" NPC if they really wanted to, but that character would feel so very out of place in the game.
    I aIways pick characters based on sheer favoritism which usuaIIy has NOTHING to do with how good they are in combat. Garrick is a favorite of mine as he was one of the earIiest characters I recruited in bg1 when I first pIayed it when it was new, and that pIus the monty python references in his moraIe break means I wiII aIways be wiIIing to take him in my party.
    Your point? You're talking about BG1. NPCs like Garrick are pretty much the standard.
    I'm saying if he were in bg2 I'd still take him because of those things.
    RelSundan said:

Do I really have to put all this in a spoiler tag or could the OP please put a spoiler tag in the tittle?

The original post wasn't really spoiling anything
    Nuin said:

Except this is BG2. It's a high fantasy epic involving gods, fate and destiny.
    Do I really need to point out just how remarkable each BG2 NPC is in his/her own right? None of them are on the scale of Garrick/Eldoth.
    I suppose the devs could have added in a low level "normal" NPC if they really wanted to, but that character would feel so very out of place in the game.
    A bard with exactly Eldoth's stats in BG2 and a kit (Jester'd fit for example) would be a great NPC. And even an unkitted Eldoth would be decent. Bards are not underwhelming in BG2, and Eldoth would definitely be a great support character.
    edited June 2016
    Eldoth could be a character a lot like Bron from Game of Thrones in bg2 personality wise
    edited June 2016
    12 Dex and 13 Int? Those stats are terrible for a bard, especially a non-Blade. He'd be like another Imoen, just minus open locks/disable traps and gamebreaking spells.
    I'd rather have someone with Garrick's stats.

Eldoth is a terrible character in general. He's only good in the sense that he is able elicit strong hatred from players, so you could say that he was probably well-written/designed. But he is still a terrible character.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Nuin said:

12 Dex and 13 Int? Those stats are terrible for a bard, especially a non-Blade. He'd be like another Imoen, just minus open locks/disable traps and gamebreaking spells.

Eldoth is a terrible character in general. He's only good in the sense that he is able elicit strong hatred from players, so you could say that he was probably well-written/designed. But he is still a terrible character.

I'm reasonably certain that the BG1 NPCs' stats were set with the idea that, due to the stupidass 2E roll stat system, you sometimes got terrible stats and sometimes got good stats. Hell, just the idea that 2E let some players have like 97 total stat points vs. others having 63. That was a horrid design decisions on the part of the creators of 2E. Is it realistic? Yeah, probably. But it's unbalanced as all-get-out.
    Nuin said:

Int is not an issue, he may still learn spells up to level 6 (Bard's cap) and you'd be able to get more spells with an intelligence potion. It does not cause any problem especially in BG2. Int does not affect your spellcasting abilities in any way.

Dex can easily be fixed by the dex gloves. He would not be played the same way Haer'Dalis is played. He'd be much more of a support character using grand malison and such, using tuigan bow, but he'd definitely be good enough.

On the other hand, he has a good constitution especially for his class, as well as a decent charisma making him a nice party leader. His STR is not so bad either.
    Loldrup said:

RelSundan said:

Mine was, that means the thread contains spoiler. We are discussing a spoiler rich topic, thus My post.
    RelSundan said:

Loldrup said:

RelSundan said:

Mine was, that means the thread contains spoiler. We are discussing a spoiler rich topic, thus My post.
    If yours was spoiling, then YOU should put spoilers. Let's say I am tagging along with Skie for the first time in SoD, have not been to the end of her quest, but appreciate what I have seen so far. Then I'd be entitled to come here and give an opinion on the matter, and should be able to do so without being spoiled without warning. Besides, when you are going to spoil, what does it take to insert spoiler tags? 5 seconds? Then just in case, do so. Better safe than sorry, they say.
    Yes because warning people about spoiler in the title is a big deal. I don't have any problem with putting spoiler tag I just thought giving a warning to those unawere would be fair.
    Warning people about spoilers when you do not spoil makes no sense. The OP spoiled nothing and thus does not need to put a spoiler warning in his title.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Loldrup said:

As I haven't yet played Baldurs Gate 2, I'm curious as to how that is resolved. I don't want to know *how* it is resolved, but merely *whether* it is resolved, in BG2.

So that's my question: will the questions revolving around Skie Silvershield be resolved at some point in BG2?

I see that this thread has basically gone off the rails, but for anyone who's interested in the OP's question, there appears to be a new-ish mod that does exactly that: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/68711/mod-skie-the-cost-of-one-girls-soul