Skip to content

Ravenloft POTM Upcoming EE migration and Play-A-New-Character event

SorenSoren Member, Developer Posts: 48

Salutations all fellow roleplayers!

After months of meticulous preparation and countless sinister experiments of which no words shall ever again be spoken, we at Ravenloft - Prisoners of the Mist are excited to now finally announce that we are ready to migrate to the Enhanced Edition of NWN. We all look forward to reap the benefits that this re-release offers and promises - and to pass all this to you in the form of exciting new opportunities of game- and roleplay!

However, first of all, we want to kick off the transition in the best way possible by running one of our recurring and much hailed Play-A-New-Character events on the new server.

This will take place from Friday the 8th to Sunday the 17th of June 2018.

To those unfamiliar with the concept, this is an event where all participants roll up entirely new characters, providing an equal start for all in an exclusively low level environment. This isn't just an excellent opportunity for new players to join in and quickly get involved in the shared narratives, but it is also a simply but effective way of naturally generating an abundance of both exciting, frightening and immersive gothic horror roleplay.

So whether you are a experienced PW-roleplayer or just want to try out this concept for the first time, this is an excellent opportunity to quickly meet others and get the roleplay and adventure going.

Expect a number of DM events and special occurrences to appear in game during the period, but we also invite you to use our forums for pre-planning things with other players.

To read more about this event, use the following link, where we will keep you updated with all relevant info:

http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=48577

Looking forward to seeing you there,

- The Ravenloft POTM community and staff.

Comments

• AhnullAhnull Member Posts: 3
    Hi there. Would you happen to know if a caliban called "Siadho Rhazur" still plays?
  • SorenSoren Member, Developer Posts: 48
    Hmm, couldn't find any references to that name in either the forums and in our server vault - do you remember the login?
  • AhnullAhnull Member Posts: 3
    Unfortunately not. It's probably well over 10 years since it happened but I started playing Ravenloft and was attacked by Siadho in the sewers. I played it out as though the death was permanent and immediately re-rolled a feral Caliban and pressured him OOC into adopting me so I had someone to play with on the server, haha. Oh well, thanks for looking :)
  • SorenSoren Member, Developer Posts: 48
    We've now officially migrated to Enhanced Edition and the Play-A-New-Character event has begun! Hoping to see you there :)
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    One of my fav PWs of old along with Krynnhaven, glad to see it's up on EE, good luck folks. :)