Skip to content

Kivan and Coran mods for BG2

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering how the Kivan and Coran mods for BG2 works. Same stats and same classes(is Kivan Archer och Ranger?). Are there some new dialogue?

Thanks!

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Kivan's BG2 mod (Kivan and Deheriana) continues his story from the BG1 NPC Project. It's written very well, by the same person who wrote his part of the NPC Project, and has a lot of content. It turns Kivan into an archer and gives him some special items throughout the game.

As for Coran, I couldn't say.
    booinyoureyesMantis37
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Coran works and has been updated.

Haven't tested Kivan yet, though I'd like to. I imagine even if he works, his journal entries won't, so you'll have to pay close attention in the later part of the game.
    booinyoureyes
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Coran is good to go for BG2EE.

As for Kivan, and his BG2EE compatibility, the last I heard from @LiamEsler was that it just needed to be uploaded by @Camdawg.
    AvengingExile
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    I recently heard from LiamEsler
    LiamEsler said:

Unfortunately I'm working overseas at the moment without access to my old computer, so the version I sent Camdawg is the only one available.

I attempted to contact @Camdawg but so far to no avail

booinyoureyes
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Sadly, @Camdawg is a busy guy. You don't see him around here or around Gibberlings3 some more.

I'd like to see Kivan updated, too; one of my favorite mods.
    booinyoureyesAvengingExile
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Sorry for the 4-and-a-half year necro, but I have a question about the Coran mod, if anyone happens to know the answer.

The mod includes an optional component that allows you to remove the in-game version of Coran from the Tethyr forest, so that you don't end up with two Corans in the game. Does anyone happen to know if the mod needs to be installed before starting a new game in order for that component to take effect, and if it is installed mid-game, is that too late to prevent the second Coran from appearing?
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    I believe that it should be fine if you haven't gone to that area yet, Romantic Encounters has a similar component as well. In general try to avoid installing mid-game where possible though :).
    SharGuidesMyHand
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Mantis37 said:

I believe that it should be fine if you haven't gone to that area yet, Romantic Encounters has a similar component as well. In general try to avoid installing mid-game where possible though :).

Thanks for the insight and advice!